Product Development AssociateApply NowApply Later Job ID 905998BR Location Brussels, Brussels Capital, Belgium Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 06, 2022
- Manage across licensed and DTR creative product development from concept through to final approved product and assess pre and post-quality delivery
- Ensure compliance with all relevant standards to guarantee product is fit for purpose and viable to go to market
- Develop and manage the creative output from licensees, DTR and collaboration partners while driving a strong innovation agenda through product creation, ensuring brand consistency, storytelling and compelling execution within a commercial context
- Manage creative relationships with internal and external partners, providing inspiration and ensuring product is brand appropriate and adheres to Disney guidelines
- Offer creative input and trend direction to inspire licensees / retailers and help drive quality product development
- Run ideation sessions with licensees / retailers to drive product innovation
- Manage all design projects (e.g. product pitches, inspiration boards) within the category, utilising internal and external resources, as required and take product design briefs and execute to a deadline
- Establish and maintain relationships with retailers, internal stakeholders / partners and global and international creative teams
- With a focus on creativity and innovation, develop and deliver high quality, authentic storytelling products, which are scalable, and have longevity
- Work with licensees and collaborators to lead the development of consumer-centric product lines that are trend-right, deliver market-leading innovation, drive revenue and capture market share globally and locally
- Responsible for monitoring competitors, product innovations and market dynamics to deliver trend-right products for each segment of the retail landscape
- Work with licensees and collaboration partners to design and approve market-leading product lines for the franchises
- Monitor and maintain quality in colour, material, function and form of all products
- Ensure all licensee product submissions are routed through the Disney’s Online Approval System (OPA) as per global product integrity guidelines
- Execute the approval process from initiation to production in a timely manner
- Ensure licensees are provided appropriate creative assets for product development, developing new assets as required against the specific needs of the category
- Train and develop all new and existing licensees on the Disney brand, property portfolio, creative assets and approval systems.
- Experience in designing and developing fashion product that resonates with consumers both globally and locally across the world
- Deep knowledge and understanding of licensing and fast fashion and experience working with multiple global and regional partners
- Strong understanding and high level of interest in and understanding of The Walt Disney Company consumer product portfolio
- Experience working with large-scale, global fashion retailers and partners to bring product designs to market for a variety of different consumer targets
- Strong written and spoken English for business use, essential
- Demonstrable ability to capitalise on market trends and consumer Zeitgeist to maximize value creation throughout the trend cycle
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate and engage with a diverse audience including experience working with external partners and business owners, to bring product designs to life
- Proven ability to think creatively and disruptively to bring and infuse new ideas into product design
- Computer literate including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe and other design packages
- Have advanced knowledge of trends within the industry of relevant category and the broader world of design with working knowledge of common manufacturing techniques and their application in production
- An ability to communicate a clear design brief and ensure deliverables meet all criteria
- An ability to communicate design ideas using freehand drawing, computer techniques and / or third party design resources
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to effectively present design ideas to internal / external stakeholders at all levels
- Additional languages, such as French, Dutch and German would be a benefit
- Experienced in a product development related role
- Degree level education in product design or equivalent work experience
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.