Compliance Counsel, DirectorApply NowApply Later Job ID 775063BR Location Buenos Aires, Argentina Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 07, 2021
The Compliance Counsel Director will support the Principal Counsel in administering the Company’s compliance program, provide training, provide legal advice and counsel regarding global anti-corruption and trade control laws, assist in performing anti-corruption and trade compliance risk assessments, and help oversee anti-corruption and trade compliance diligence and monitoring regimes. Counsel will report to a Principal Counsel.
Responsibilities:Advice and Counsel
- Provide compliance counsel regarding anti-corruption laws, trade compliance, and the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other compliance policies.
- Provide counsel regarding enhancements to the Company’s compliance efforts.
- Assist in the design and implementation of compliance risk mitigation strategies.
- Monitor legal and regulatory developments, assessing the potential impact for global stakeholders, supporting and advising on implementation strategies to comply with legal and regulatory changes.
- Ensure an adequate response to identified issues and allegations of improper conduct in the business, including by assisting on internal investigations as appropriate and in collaboration with other key stakeholders including, among others, Audit, Legal, HR, and Security.
- Performing due diligence and approvals regarding third parties.
- Managing compliance workflows, specifically, assessing levels of risk, implementing controls, and tracking due diligence, training, contracts and approvals of third parties.
- Managing various legal research platforms and other systems to conduct due diligence.
- Providing training to Company employees, and others, regarding the Standards of Business Conduct, anti-corruption, trade, and anti-harassment.
- Provide regular reporting to the department leaders and other stakeholders.
- Undertake special projects and other compliance related initiatives as needed.
- At least 10 years of experience in law firm, government agency or in-house with significant experience with anti-corruption compliance.
- At least 5 years of experience in the Compliance field is a must.
- Law degree from and accredited law school.
- Qualified to be admitted as Registered In-House Counsel.
- Significant exposure to anti-corruption, trade laws and regulations.
- Experience in providing training in a group setting is an asset.
- Significant presentation and communications experience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as Public Policy; Human Resources; Government Relations; and, Internal Audit to coordinate compliance program and initiatives.
- Advanced level of English is a must.
- Portuguese is a plus.
Additional Information:At Disney, we believe it takes great people to create the memorable experiences, products and services our consumers know and love. We are a team of storytellers, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are an organization that value human interactions and that is a very important part of our culture. At Disney, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Argentina) S.A., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).