Content Strategy Director, Disney +Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 725876BR Location Buenos Aires, Argentina Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 20, 2019
The Content Strategy Director, is responsible for leading the content strategy for Disney+ in Latin America determining what content needs to be produced or acquired for the service beyond the U.S. content to create a deeper connection with Latin American audiences.
Candidate should be collaborative, creative and detail oriented, with a strong understanding of the entertainment content environment and the Latin America Audiences.
Additionally, the ideal candidate would have a background in content development/production, and be able to work across multiple business units within The Walt Disney Company.
- Provide leadership and oversight to the content strategy goals for Latin America original productions with strong focus subscribers acquisition and retention.
- Partner with global teams to understand the global content strategy, original productions slate around the globe and provide Latin America input when required.
- Analyze global slate and local content performance to Identify local opportunities and needs to develop scripted and unscripted content.
- Partner with stakeholders, internal management with business affairs, finance, operations, programming and marketing on regular basis to manage and problem-solve issues to achieve creative quality, budget regularity, streamlined workflows and performance accountability.
- Track trends within pop culture, competitive landscape and use this information to inform development choices for the SVOD slate.
- Partner and provide guidance to the Latin America local content production team to define Disney Plus local slate.
- Minimum 7 years on entertainment content development and/or producing experience
- Demonstrated strategic command of managing a portfolio of content with a demonstrated track record of developing buzzworthy content to generate maximum viewership
- Established professional network and reputation as a smart doer within the film and TV industry – has established strong relationships with the creative community – agents, writers, producers, talent, etc.
- Proven leadership ability to inspire and collaborate with a solid development team.
- Understanding of the Disney profile and cross segmentation
- Strong leadership, organizational skills and emotionally intelligent communicator with a vision
- Understanding of delivery requirements to streaming platforms or similar
- The ability to successfully translate vision into strategy and turn that strategy into reality by developing a pipeline of shows
- Has a creative vision and passion to bring content to life for the SVOD service
- Exceptional taste and insight into fostering successful creative experiences
- Ability to forecast, be “on the pulse” of social media and consumer demand
- Strong creative executive presence - possesses a strategic mindset and has the ability to promote a collaborative environment
- Comfortable interacting with senior management to keep them abreast of plans and strategies impacting area of accountability
- Strong ability to manage communication and timelines in a development environment
- Demonstrated ability to thrive working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Is courageous and willing to speak up and share opinions
- Highly organized approach to work and reporting with excellent follow through
- Ability to negotiate and effectively reach resolution
- Ability to quickly build relationships and handle conflict effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with varied levels of management, peers and partners
- Bachelor’s degree minimum. Preferably a degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Argentina) S.A., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.