Digital Payments Sr. ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 768750BR Location Buenos Aires, Argentina Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 11, 2020
Join the team that is at the heart of a media revolution in Latin America. The Walt Disney Company is looking for a Payments rock star to expand our transactional offer with a regional scope. This position sits in the Digital Operations team with close, daily collaboration with the payments and commerce global teams. If you have experience collaborating with banks, spotting fraud, optimizing acceptance rates and pushing projects through the finish line, this is your dream job with dream team.
Open role in Argentina & other Disney Latam alternative locations.
Responsibilities:The Digital Payments Sr. Manager will be responsible for:
- Support consumer payments initiatives undertaken by Disney in Latin America, including providing project management support, liaising across cross functional teams and lines of business, and supporting problem solving, issue resolution and project execution.
- Collaborate with internal business partners, while building relationships with external partners, on initiatives that drive consumer payment products and the payment acceptance business case; understand details, trade-offs, and ramifications of various alternatives.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements across the Disney Latam payments ecosystem and collaborate with development and deployment of solutions to increase operational efficiency, accuracy and/or risk exposure.
- Lead local operational support for payment platforms used within Consumer Payments and Commerce teams, including ongoing maintenance and identification of enhancements to improve functionality and security.
- Analyze payment trends in Latin America in order to have the best information to get ahead of the game in payments, consumer taxes, regulations and market dynamics.
Basic Qualifications:What we need from you be part of this story:
- Possess + 8 - 10 years of progressive experience in payments, finance, or operations functions.
- Experience with transaction businesses, or businesses that rely on processing volume / scale.
- Experience applying project management techniques and using applicable software to effectively drive projects until their completion.
- Strong consultative skills and ability to influence.
- Ability to work independently and think strategically while navigating through complex matrix environments.
- Credible, proactive and trusted thought-partner who has built relationships and delivered results.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver both written and verbal communications to all levels of the enterprise in English, Spanish and Portuguese (desirable).
- Advanced level of English is a must.
- Advanced level of Portuguese is desirable.
Additional Information:At Disney, we believe it takes great people to create the memorable experiences, products and services our consumers know and love. We are a team of storytellers, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are an organization that value human interactions and that is a very important part of our culture. At Disney, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Argentina) S.A., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.