Director, Marketing Disney+Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 714254BR Location Buenos Aires, Argentina; São Paulo, Brazil Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Oct. 21, 2019
- Oversee ongoing brand positioning strategy for Disney+
- Partner with product and performance marketing teams to ensure subscriber communications are aligned to brand proposition
- Coordinate regional marketing teams to ensure Disney+ marketing efforts are consistent with the overall marketing and brand framework
- Overall responsibility for the effectiveness of original content marketing campaigns, lead matrixed teams in the planning and executive
- Develop and manage marketing budgets for Disney+
- Work closely with internal partners to leverage synergy marketing opportunities
- Utilize data, analytics and insights to measure marketing effectiveness and drive decision making
- Effectively build and maintain strong partnerships in a highly matrixed organization, managing multiple stakeholders
- Partner with research and analytics to continue to refine methodologies for measuring impact of all paid media and marketing efforts.
- Partner with Publicity teams to coordinate messaging and maximize exposure through earned and bought media
- Leverage existing owned digital platforms and social media channels to cultivate an audience and convert to subscribers
- Interface with distribution partners to help support marketing campaigns. Strategize ways to share and leverage assets and tactics. Originate marketing materials as needed.
- Serve as point of contact for international Disney+ brand and content marketing teams
- Experienced in marketing to consumers and working with teams based in Latin America.
- Experienced in leading others in a matrixed environment.
- Digital product marketing experience is a must.
- Experience of using data driven marketing to contribute to the growth of an audience or subscriber base
- Experience of having launched and sustained major global brands, content or franchises
- Ability to effectively and successfully manage various teams regionally.
- Previous experience marketing episodic content either within a major television studio or SVOD service.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with high level executives and digital companies/agencies.
- Ability to manage projects from development through to completion.
- Strong leadership and proven project management skills.
- Media & entertainment marketing experience – to strategy and execution is a plus.
- Previous experience marketing episodic content either within a major television studio or SVOD service is nice to have.
- Strong creative vision and sensibilities
- Advanced data literacy
- Be willing to take risks to ensure creative thinking and the best outcomes possible
- Demonstrated ability to thrive working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Able to work with limited data, create solutions and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to travel both international and domestic based on business needs
- Bachelor’s degree minimum. Preferably a degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field. Advanced degree a plus.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Argentina) S.A., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.