Project Manager, Digital OperationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 762176BR Location Buenos Aires, Argentina Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 24, 2020
This position is responsible for coordinating the delivery of work increments crossing multiple functional work streams and teams within multiple divisions, toward efficient, scalable, and extensible launch plans and sustainable ongoing operations. Responsibilities also include the development of measures for project monitoring and tracking metrics for reporting to senior stakeholders.
The role will work across the Direct-To-Consumer & International business group, partnering closely with the product, content, business, marketing, finance and legal functions in the regional team, as well as our international central teams in Burbank and New York; working in conjunction with peers, executives, and PMOs. You will perform program and project management activities to successfully execute an ambitious international rollout and plan for ongoing sustainment. You will identify business operations project tasks, milestones, dependencies, and risks and incorporate them into a holistic plan for successful delivery. You will execute through expert knowledge of the project management domain, business process operations generally, deep knowledge of DSS execution strategy, and outstanding internal relationships.
As part of your responsibilities you will also participate in consolidating product requirements relevant to the territory in collaboration with the regional and global product teams in order to shape, track and deliver formal feature requests / adaptations.
You are a process driven product operations manager focused on collaborating and building consensus to achieve results. You will be engaging key stakeholders, lead working sessions, and constantly reviewing and iterating on the program and product operations management techniques as we scale through launch and growth of the Disney Streaming brand.
- Prepare charters and develop detailed project plans including detailed scope information, schedules/milestones, budget estimates and baselines, resource plans, and clear success criteria.
- Support project communications and monitoring and control mechanisms to ensure status and issues are reported to business leads, executive sponsors, and senior management on a timely basis.
- Capture and contribute operational risks, issues, dependencies and decisions, and drive resolution or escalations as required.
- Manage launch communication, track and triage local issues through partnership with PMO teams.
- Monitor pulse of the territory through various communication channels and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Communicate locally to drive alignment on territory priorities, maintain stack-ranked backlog of local requests.
- Gather requirements from multiple sources, including analytic dashboards and consolidate into formal documentation for potential change requests to the product team.
- In general, operate as part of a governance structure on top of the different independent / interdependent lines of work.
- At least 5 years of program & project management in a large corporate environment.
- Experience working with technology and marketing teams.
- Advanced level of English is a must.
- Advanced level of Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Slides, Google Spreadsheets is a must.
- Advanced level of JIRA, Trello, Basecamp, or similar project management tools is a must.
- Tableau, Looker, Data Studio or similar analytic tools will be a plus.
- Understanding of product management techniques (AB Testing, data analysis, functional analysis, user flow and user journey design, etc.).
- Understanding of program management processes and methodologies for governance and tracking.
- Basic technical literacy and aptitude to apply qualitative and quantitative data in decision-making.
- Experience in a large program management and/or operations environment.
- Experienced delivering business improvement through process re-engineering.
- Possesses excellent communication and people management skills, including the ability to influence a wide range of audiences.
- Bachelor's and Master's degree in Business, Computer Science or similar careers.
- Project management certifications (IAMP, PMP, MPM, CSM, etc.) preferred.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Argentina) S.A., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.