Revenue Accounting, AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 824692BR Location Buenos Aires, Argentina Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 27, 2021
The Licensing Controllership group is primarily responsible for managing the revenue / licensing accounting, analysis and reporting processes, and ensures all controls and policies around revenue recognition are in place for Consumer Products. Consumer Products engages with licensees, publishers and retailers throughout the world to design, develop, publish, promote and sell a wide variety of products based on the Company’s intellectual property. The licensing operations cover a diverse range of product categories such as toys, apparel, home décor and furnishings, accessories, health and beauty, food, footwear, consumer electronics, books and magazines. This Analyst role is a great opportunity to gain knowledge in the Licensing business and continue to develop analytical skills, while implementing efficient and effective systems and processes.
- Perform all Licensing Revenue accounting functions including royalty statement processing and analysis, and cash management for assigned licensee population.
- Follow up on Region's licensees in order to have each of them report their licensing royalties in an accurate and timely manner, in line with an active Licensing Contract.
- Process royalties in the reporting system, identifying issues and differences compared to Licensing Contract and define next steps as needed. In addition to this, process Advances, Guarantees, Fees, Audit findings in the system in order to have transactions interfaced into SAP and print invoices accordingly. Identify unlicensed sales and invoice these in line with Licensing Contract requirements.
- Partner with their Contract Administration and Licensing Finance counterparts to ensure proper application of revenue recognition policies and practices, perform analysis and make recommendations on complex issues.
- Keep updated status for not received statements, and issues for received statements. Alert Management, Licensees and Category teams in an accurate and timely manner possible/ upcoming issues, and propose alternative solutions if needed. Share weekly updates with the region.
- Responsible for account reconciliations and cash application in SAP. Licensee point person to clear all doubts regarding invoiced amounts.
- Licensee training: The person in charge of this position will be responsible for training licensees in all Disney reporting requirements, contracts work-offs and accounts reconciliations. Identify urgent needs and act accordingly.
- Process improvements: identify day to day needs and improvement opportunities in the revenue recognition process.
- Identify system issues and process manual workarounds.
- Perform assigned quarter-end close deliverables and reconciliations.
- Various Ad-hoc projects.
- Experience in related tasks is highly valuable.
- Strong analytical mindset and detailed oriented.
- Advanced level of English is a must.
- Excel and SAP skills.
- Interpersonal communication and ability to work in a fast pace changing environment.
- Strong relationship building skills and a highly professional “client service orientation”.
- Must be an excellent team player.
- High energy level; strong work ethic.
- Results-oriented, decisive.
- Exhibit a willingness to be adaptable and flexible, and demonstrate a desire to operate in a dynamic environment.
Additional Information:At Disney, we believe it takes great people to create the memorable experiences, products and services our consumers know and love. We are a team of storytellers, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are an organization that value human interactions and that is a very important part of our culture. At Disney, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Argentina) S.A., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).