Senior AccountantApply Now Apply Later Job ID 762219BR Location Buenos Aires, Argentina Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 02, 2020
- Senior Accounting Officer for a country in the region, including responsibility for compliance with IFRS and US GAAP Accounting standards.
- Responsible for the reasonableness of the accounting figures of all the company's lines of business, including Disney, ESPN, Fox Films and FNG US for the country concerned and their reporting to the parent company and the local CFO if applicable.
- Responsible for the timely issuance of the Financial Statements of one or more entities. This position is responsible for coordinating all the audit of the local financial statements, and the presentation to the tax authorities within the legal deadlines, with a clean report from our external auditors.
- Responsible, along with the Legal department, for maintaining the local statutory and legal books for them.
- Provide business and financial support in decisions involving statutory or accounting issues, application of new accounting standards, or implementation of new company policies.
- Responsible for the definition of the accounting criteria to be applied (including issues of exchange rates, currencies, accruals oportunity, impairment analysis).
- Responsible for compliance with accounting closures and corporate controls for their balance sheet item within the established deadlines.
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of working papers that support accounting entries and account balances. These papers will be audited, both by external auditors, Management Audit, as well as can be audited by the tax authority and by third parties, so they must have all the documentation and be understandable by third parties and the accounting criteria duly justified.
- Implementation of new processes in conjunction with areas such as Finance, Tax, Treasury, Legal, etc.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Building collaborative networks with senior internal managers and auditors.
- Stakeholders Finance, Legal, External and Internal Auditors, Segment Controllership, Tax Authorities.
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting in multinational companies or in auditing of financial statements in accounting firms.
- Advanced level of English is a must.
- Advanced Knowledge of Excel.
- SAP is a plus.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Argentina) S.A., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).