Senior DesignerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 742734BR Location Buenos Aires, Argentina Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 23, 2020
Our products cover many flagship brands of The Walt Disney Company, including ESPN, ESPN Fantasy, ABC, FX, Nat Geo TV, Freeform, ABC News, DisneyNOW, Disney.com, Starwars.com, FiveThirtyEight, and many more. A wide range of iterative projects are shipped on all platforms across mobile, TV and web.
The DTCI Design Team is
Day-to-Day responsibilities will include working with UX and design team members, as well as product and engineering partners. The Senior Designer will be expected to produce both exploratory and production-level visual interface designs, rapid concepts, design documentation, production assets, while also coordinating requirements with stakeholders and partners, and presenting work to executives and partners. Teamwork and attitude are as important as design skills.
The ideal candidate for this role is highly creative, able to work with all types of people, engaging, able to work on multiple projects at the same time, and deeply knowledgeable about the latest design trends and technologies.
- Qualified candidates must have at least 5+ years of experience designing high-quality UI concepts, mockups and production deliverables.
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and UI best practices.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Self-motivated, problem solver with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interest and aptitude for learning new technologies and design skills.
- Strong work ethic, reliability, adaptability, team player.
- Strong presentation skills.
- All applicants are required to supply an online portfolio.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with connected devices (Smart TVs, Roku, AppleTV, FireTV, AndroidTV).
- Experience with Zeplin, Figma, and other design tools.
- Experience working on a product team for a technology company or digital media firm.
- Familiarity with the Disney brands and content.
- Ability to direct prototypes for user testing.
- Knowledge of Motion Graphics or Motion.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Interaction Design, UX/UI Design, Graphic Design or equivalent professional experience.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Argentina) S.A., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.