Senior Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 933617BR Location Buenos Aires, Argentina Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 17, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
With a global team leveraging our platform around the globe, we need a talented and motivated engineer like you to help build and sustain this business-critical ecosystem.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you enjoy a challenge and bring passion, commitment, and integrity to the role; you love creating tools and services using modern engineering methodologies. You leverage your broad technical knowledge to recommend the best way to achieve a result, while remaining open minded to new ideas and strategies.
Your excellent communication skills allow you to work with a range of other team members across the globe to articulate complex ideas and influence others with well-reasoned explanations. Your experience enables you to guide junior engineers on best practices and technologies.
You will work with Global teams on key projects to transform our media supply chain, and make the Disney magic happen.
Responsibilities:The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with local and remote technology teams across the globe.
- Be hands-on to build and support robust, secure, scalable, and efficient API-based services to integrate with systems in the media supply chain.
- Primarily focus on backend engineering systems.
- Work with US-based and UK-based engineering peers, product and project managers in agile-based work scheduling including sprint planning, sizing and retrospectives.
- Gain deep understanding of new technologies quickly, and where appropriate educate the team in best practices for their use.
- Ensure created services are sustainable and operationally fit for purpose, with appropriate documentation and test coverage.
- Mentor junior team members to develop their technical capabilities.
- Work with the team to iteratively improve development practices and processes.
- Perform code reviews and provide technical guidance and recommendations to the team.
- Analyze and resolve complex engineering problems.
Basic Qualifications:What we need from you to be part of this story:
- 5+ years of experience in the field of software engineering, web development or equivalent experience.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Excellent software engineering skills.
- Good understanding of JVM-based platforms (either Java or Kotlin), and common frameworks and libraries (e.g. Spring, Spring Boot).
- Good understanding of scalable web architecture concepts.
- Good understanding of how to write and maintain a resourceful API using concepts such as REST, and how to secure them behind authentication and authorization gates.
- Experience with developing for cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with full software development lifecycle and common best practices like unit testing, collaborative version control flows, and continuous integration.
- Self-starter with an interest in industry trends and a passion for innovation and raising the bar.
- Experience with media production or distribution (video transcoding, streaming).
- Experience working with development teams across multiple regions, time zones and cultures.
- Experience writing code for modern cloud-native architecture, including serverless.
- Experience with continuous integration services (TeamCity, Jenkins, or Gitlab CI).
- Experience developing infrastructure as code (CloudFormation or Terraform).
- Experience documenting and diagramming technical information.
- Experience with distributed messaging and queueing platforms (Kafka, SNS or SQS).
Additional Information:At Disney, we believe it takes great people to create the memorable experiences, products and services our consumers know and love. We are a team of storytellers, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are an organization that value human interactions and that is a very important part of our culture. At Disney, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Argentina) S.A., which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.