1st Assistant Editor - Expression of Interest Marvel Studios AnimationApply NowApply Later Job ID 867118BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Sep. 29, 2021
Marvel Studios Animation is hiring.
This is an IATSE 700 position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
We are looking for a 1st Assistant Editor who will bring solutions to edit workflows and the production pipeline. They oversee the efficient and accurate handling of all edit tasks; encouraging a positive, motivated, and proactive team of Assistant Editors who support the studio shot departments.
- Must have good general understanding of all editorial equipment in editorial suite
- Work with Editor on planning organization of Avid media, setting up projects and labeling of Avid bins
- Put in progress work flow procedures to help expedite work during crunch periods
- Be aware and on top of movement of sketch from story department and schedule work accordingly
- Ability to Cut temp sound effects and for Editor
- Manage all work coming in and out of room and take responsibility for completion of tasks and quality of outputs
- Manage other assistants by assigning tasks and checking work
- Make sure Editors have all appropriate media
- Be point person for requests coming through Editorial and help prioritize workload
- Make sure room is ready with materials for all editorial and sweatbox sessions
- Send dialogue, effects, and music to sound server for animators
- Support scratch recording sessions by sending picture reference when appropriate
- Help input and output all media
- Work with 2nd Assistant on making sure bins are organized and unnecessary media is offline
- Generate correct cut lists
- Help download animation tests from server for cutting into reel
- Generate cuts and compositions for Music Editor, Producer, Animators, Composers, and Sound Editor
- Work with Story PDM, Editorial Production Supervisor, and Editor on schedule to plan and prep for screenings
- Issue EDL and composition to Software and Post Production to enable loading of reels from the main server
- Assist Post Director/ Coordinator in checking and reviewing of reels prior to screenings and previews
- A minimum of 4+ years of Editorial experience and/or prior animation, visual effects, or live action production experience
- Knowledge of AVID
- Must be self-directed with minimal supervision, as well as providing guidance and mentorship to others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film or related field desired, or equivalent experience
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working under tight schedules
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate balance of creativity and technical knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: able to communicate with all levels of executives, management and staff
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills
- Broad expertise or unique knowledge and uses skills to contribute to development of techniques or procedures to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Animation, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Animation, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.