2022 Talent Development Program - Crowds Artist TraineeApply NowApply Later Job ID 865839BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Oct. 18, 2021
The Talent Development Crowds Artist Trainee Program begins February 2022. Please note, the safety and well-being of our teams is very important to us. We will determine whether this program will be in-person at our Burbank, CA studio or virtual in the coming months based on local state and county ordinance. The deadline for applications is October 31, 2021, 11:59PM PST.
The Crowds Artist Trainee
A crowds artist uses procedural animation techniques to populate Walt Disney Animation Studios’ projects with world-class crowds. They apply their technical and creative skills to develop the tools and perform the tasks necessary to bring worlds to life, from initial design to final rendering.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and maintain crowds technology and tools
- Design crowd character behaviors and set ups
- Supporting the story by populating scenes with crowd character assets and animation
- Working closely with the Crowds Supervisor and mentors, collaborating with peers to address creative and technical notes
- Identify opportunities to share knowledge and educate others on the production process
- 18 years or older
- Emerging artists with less than 3 years industry experience
- Recent graduates with a degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with commercial graphics packages such as Maya and Houdini
- Experience with the Linux or Unix operating system
- Solid understanding of the production processes and pipelines of CG Animation, VFX, or Video Game productions
- Understanding of rigging and animation techniques
- Strong interest in Particle Systems, AI/Machine Learning, or Crowds Systems (agent/brain design, simulation, and behavior)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Strong problem solving skills required
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, taking direction well
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming such as C++ a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Graphics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Secret Lab, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The Secret Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.