3D Character Modeler- Marvel Studios AnimationApply NowApply Later Job ID 882827BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Nov. 02, 2021
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the World through incredible characters like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre by building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our characters, worlds and stories.
Marvel Studios Animation is hiring.
This is an IATSE 839 position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Marvel Studios Animation has an exciting opportunity for Character Modelers to join the team on an episodic series.
As a Modeler at our studio, you will build complex 3D models including organic characters and prop models. You'll work with a team of artists, including Visual Development Artists and Character TDs to interpret designs, and build and refine models for production.
• Character modelers work with polygonal topologies to create highly-stylized and appealing characters with their associated props.
• Collaborate with downstream departments to meet their technical needs.
• Address direction and feedback from Supervisors, Art Directors, and Directors
May be doing work converting Zbrush models into Maya pipeline as well as creating models from scratch
Need to be comfortable in Maya and Zbrush
• Experience creating complex character models
• Demonstrates ability to learn new toolsets
• Stays aware of new modeling tools and industry standards for modeling
• Ability to translate 2d artwork to 3d models/sculpts
• Knowledge of facial blend shape targets
• Collaborative mindset in working with and addressing feedback as well as direction from Model Supervisor and Art Director
• Ability to work well in teams consisting of rigging, animation and character design
• Proven ability to be detail oriented and to work efficiently within a production environment
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong knowledge of related field such as anatomy
• Experience with traditional sculpting
• Experience with character rigging
• Experience with texture/shading
• Scripting (Python) background
-Ability to model BG elements a plus
When applying, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile. When applicable, wireframes, close up of rotating heads, and 2D reference art should be shown.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Animation, VFX, or Video Game industry experience modeling preferred
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.