Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ABC Affiliate Relations and Marketing Internship (CA) Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 635694BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Feb. 05, 2019
Job Summary:The ABC Affiliate Relations and Marketing team’s primary focus is to maximize the ABC Television Network’s distribution by selling-through key Network initiatives and communicating critical programming information to over 200+ ABC affiliated TV stations around the country.
This internship will provide exposure to the business side of the Network and the relationship with its affiliates, including Station Relations, Operations, Business Planning and Marketing.
Responsibilities:This internship opportunity involves providing support to the four areas of the Affiliate Relations and Marketing department. Some projects include helping create fall launch sales/marketing initiatives, crafting Network communications and operational documentation, monitoring station activity, prepping new season programming materials, and tracking industry trends. This internship will help provide a basic knowledge of the television landscape (including key programming areas of entertainment, news and sports) and the Network/Affiliate business model.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Previous internship and/or job experience within sales and/or marketing
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must have interest in the broadcast television business
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year, or a recent graduate within six months of graduation.
- Previous internship within a media/entertainment company.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- All students must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months.
- All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- All students must provide a consistent, reliable work schedule during the internship
- All candidates must be available from May/June to August
- All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.