Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ABC Alternative Series & Specials Internship (Remote) – Summer 2021Apply NowApply Later Job ID 773639BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business ABC Entertainment Date posted Feb. 19, 2021
- Passionate about unscripted television.
- Passionate about discovering new trends with a finger on the pop culture pulse.
- Passionate about contributing to challenging work with no shortage of complex problems to solve.
- Passionate about pushing each other forward through collaboration and innovative forums to keep an eye on what’s next.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
As an intern with the Alternative Series & Specials team, you will perform administrative, presentation and research-oriented tasks on behalf of department executives and their respective assistants. You will be able to occasionally participate in screenings, and other department meetings or functions related to the creative development of our programming.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Updating Reports: Research various topics and update current reports using Microsoft Suite.
- View and sort Pitch Material: Look at pitch material that has been submitted to see what types of shows are being pitched.
- Screen Cuts: View cuts of current shows we have in production before they go on air.
- Administrative Duties: Cover phones, schedule meetings, update reports and more.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Proven skills utilizing MS Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- A proven knowledge and familiarity with PC and Mac computer systems.
- Prior related internship experience, ideally in unscripted content.
- An interest in unscripted television and hunger to learn about network television.
- Proven organizational skills while ensuring attention to detail.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Junior or Senior-level standing, or a recent graduate.
- Experience in covering phone lines for executives and/or senior leadership.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Photoshop, Final Cut, iMovie and Keynote.
- Knowledge of current series on ABC and other networks is a plus, along with a passion for television
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR graduated within the past 18 months OR currently participating in a Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All candidates must be available from May/June – August/September
- All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week
About ABC Entertainment:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Entertainment.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.