Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ABC Entertainment Drama Development Internship (Remote) – Summer 2021Apply NowApply Later Job ID 774088BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business ABC Entertainment Date posted Feb. 19, 2021
The ABC Entertainment Drama Development team oversees all primetime scripted drama series development.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting Assistants with production grids, project tracking, calendar invites, checking and tracking calls/voicemails, Zoom setups and general daily administrative tasks.
- Supporting the Coordinator in various administrative tasks and project tracking.
- Reading scripts, writing coverage and engaging in/consuming and tracking various forms of media that could be of interest to the development team, including but not limited to podcasts, television series, movies, novels, comic books, web series, social media personalities, etc.
- Distribution of various documents and media internally.
- Other tasks as necessary and tbd.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Proven skills utilizing Google Suite and MS Office Suite, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong interest in Television and the Entertainment Industry.
- Previous internship experience within a related field.
- An interest in scripted television and hunger to learn about network television.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Responsible, dependable, and organized with excellent communication/writing skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize assignments by deadline.
- Junior or Senior-level standing, or a recent graduate within 6 months of graduation date.
- Experience in covering phone lines for executives and/or senior leadership.
- Knowledge of current series on ABC and other networks.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR graduated within the past 18 months OR currently participating in a Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All candidates must be available from May/June – August/September
- All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week
About ABC Entertainment:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Entertainment.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.