Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ABC Studios Business Affairs Internship (JD) - Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 738652BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Feb. 05, 2020
ABC Studios Business Affairs Department negotiates and drafts agreements for above-the-line talent (producers, writers, directors, actors and casting directors) for network and cable television programs and provides support for the series and ancillary activities.
- Participating in many different projects such as organizing and maintaining various charts of alternative agreement gives/language.
- Digesting and preparing charts which compare terms of agreements.
- Drafting deal memos and short form agreements.
- A focus in entertainment law and/or completed several entertainment related classes (e.g., entertainment law, intellectual property, labor)
- Media/entertainment/studio/network experience
- A strong proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Proven strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under time pressure
- Proven ability to work as a team player
- Strong interest in Television and the Entertainment Industry
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Required EducationCurrent law student enrolled in their second or third year of law school.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be available from May/June - August/September
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.