Already applied?View Dashboard
Accounting & Finance Rotation Program Analyst, CA - July 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 701962BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 06, 2019
At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world!
Make an impact that truly matters…
The Accounting & Finance Rotation Program (AFRP) is a full-time entry-level program designed to provide recent college graduates a cross-functional, enterprise-wide learning experience within the Controllership and Financial Planning departments at The Walt Disney Company. AFRP Analysts will participate in four distinct rotations designed to build key technical and leadership skills needed to succeed within the many businesses of Disney. Analysts will set goals for their program experience allowing them to develop, grow, and enhance the necessary skills to become strong accounting and finance professionals. Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be considered for various opportunities within the finance and accounting organizations within The Walt Disney Company.
What you can expect…
- Diverse Experiences: Participate in four 6-month rotations throughout the Controllership and Financial Planning organizations, gaining exposure to the many different businesses of The Walt Disney Company and the Entertainment Industry. Rotations are available possible in the following areas: Consumer Products & Interactive Media, Corporate, Media Networks (Disney/ABC Television & ESPN), Parks & Resorts and Studio Entertainment.
- Building Your Expertise: Strengthen your Accounting and Financial Planning skills through concentrated work in the areas of: Operational/Transactional Accounting, Financial Reporting, Corporate Tax & Audit, and Finance.
- Work Towards Your CPA: AFRP provides the necessary resources and tools to study and take the parts of the CPA exam, and will satisfy work-hour requirements to become licensed by the California State Board of Accountancy.
- Professional Development: Analysts will follow specialized curriculum to build communication, leadership, presentation, writing and other professional and management skills.
- Expanding Your Network: Opportunities to meet with peers and senior leaders from the many different businesses within the company and the industry.
- Formal Mentorship: Analyst will be matched with a senior level manager who will provide ongoing development, leadership insights and direction to help make the two-year program even more valuable. Opportunities for informal mentorship and partnership will also happen throughout the program.
What you bring…
Candidates must demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills, personal motivation, and advanced written and oral communications skills. We are specifically looking for individuals who have the following background:
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance, or a Master’s in Accounting
- A desire to become licensed as a CPA
- Meet all credit-hour qualifications to sit for the CPA exam prior to starting with the program
- Business experience through internships, part-time work, and/or On-Campus involvement
- Dedication to building a career in the accounting and finance industries
- Proven ability to take on leadership positions or significant responsibility
- 3.5 GPA or higher preferred
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance, or a Master's in Accounting and available to begin full-time by one of the program start dates.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.