Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Accounting & Finance Rotational Program, Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 588544BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 04, 2018
Job Summary:Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
The summer Accounting & Finance Rotational Program (AFRP) internship is an opportunity for students interested in a career in accounting or finance to get a summer preview of The Walt Disney Company's two year Accounting & Finance Rotational Program:
The AFRP is a full-time entry-level program designed to provide recent college graduates a cross-functional, enterprise-wide learning experience within the Controllership and Financial Planning departments at The Walt Disney Company. AFRP Analysts will participate in four distinct rotations designed to build key technical and leadership skills needed to succeed within the many businesses of Disney. Analysts will set goals for their program experience allowing them to develop, grow, and enhance the necessary skills to become strong accounting and finance professionals. Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be considered for various opportunities within the finance and accounting organizations within The Walt Disney Company.
What you can expect as part of the TWO YEAR program…
- Diverse experiences: Participate in four 6-month rotations throughout the Controllership and Financial Planning organizations, gaining exposure to the many different businesses of The Walt Disney Company and the Entertainment Industry. Rotations are available possible in the following areas: Consumer Products & Interactive Media, Corporate, Media Networks (Disney/ABC Television & ESPN), Parks & Resorts and Studio Entertainment.
- Build your expertise: Strengthen your Accounting and Financial Planning skills through concentrated work in the areas of: Operational/Transactional Accounting, Financial Reporting, Audit & Compliance, and Finance.
- Work toward your CPA: AFRP provides the necessary resources and tools to study and take the parts of the CPA exam, and will satisfy work-hour requirements to become licensed by the California State Board of Accountancy.
- Professional development: Analysts will follow specialized curriculum to build communication, leadership, presentation, writing and other professional and management skills.
- Expand your network: Opportunities to meet with peers and senior leaders from the many different businesses within the company and the industry.
- Formal mentorship: Analyst will be matched with a senior level manager who will provide ongoing development, leadership insights and direction to help make the two-year program even more valuable. Opportunities for informal mentorship and partnership will also happen throughout the program.
Summer interns will be placed in ONE of the departments that typically host AFRP Analysts, which could include Consumer Products, Corporate, Media Networks, Parks & Resorts and Studio Entertainment. Functional areas include Operational/Transactional Accounting, Financial Reporting, Audit & Compliance, and Finance. The internship is designed to build key technical and leadership skills needed to succeed in each segment and the Company.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the table…
- A combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills, personal motivation, and advanced written and oral communications skills.
- A desire to become licensed as a CPA
- Dedication to building a career in the accounting industry
- Business experience through internships or part-time work
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to take on leadership positions or significant responsibility
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and working towards a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 3.5 GPA or higher preferred
- Rising seniors strongly preferred (or entering 5th year of five year BS/MS program)
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Available full time for 12 weeks from May/June through August/September
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Positions are located in Burbank and Glendale, CA.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application
- Four AFRP Summer Internship positions are planned
- Interns will be sponsored by the AFRP and will be invited to participate in events specific to the program, as well as networking with current Analysts and executives associated with AFRP
- All Interns should graduate within one year of the internship experience
- All Interns should be pursuing or strongly considering a targeted talent development program upon graduation
- All interns will be considered at the end of the summer for possible offers for the post-graduate (AFRP) program
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Enterprises, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.