Accounting RepresentativeApply NowApply Later Job ID 979589BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Partners Federal Credit Union Date posted May 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
The Accounting Representative performs multiple general accounting tasks. Responsible for various general ledger account and bank statement reconciliations, to ensure outstanding items are processed timely, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Conducts reconciliation of various General ledgers and works with various departments to ensure outstanding reconciling items are cleared in a timely manner
- Performs daily settlement for various accounts such as ACH, VISA, Check clearing, etc.
- Reconcile and balance insurance products
- Responsible for bank reconciliations
- Responsible for investment reconciliations
- Monitors and balances Loans and Share reconciliations including balancing loans not on the CORE system
- Responsible for ensuring FASB compliance for loan origination costs
- Work with various departments to ensure month-end close documentation is accurate
- Assist in Preparing month end closing of the accounting records and general ledger
- Work with the Accounting team to cross-train and provide backup as necessary
- Responsible for implementation and adherence to effective accounting strategies, controls, policies, and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Prepares and Updates current procedures for the Accounting Department
- Find efficiencies within daily processes and procedures within the Accounting Department
- Performed other jobs related duties as assigned.
- Maintain credit union confidentiality as it pertains to all aspects of the credit union
- Maintain a good understanding and adhere to Partners FCU policies and procedures, NCUA, Federal and State regulations and with management approval documents exception to policy.
- Keep Updated on changing regulations as they relate to credit union products and services
- Consistently display teamwork, reliability, adaptability, strong product knowledge, and good judgment
- Complete basic compliance certification within 12 months of employment and complete intermediate certification every 24 months
- Meets department standards
- Meet or exceed the following standards of service:
- Treat members with respect
- Provide a warm greeting and make Members feel welcome
- Take ownership of requests
- Find a way to improve Member’s financial life
- Respond in an accurate and timely manner
- Create a “wow” Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in financial institution / credit union.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting, finance or related field
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Good Communication - verbal & written skills
- Takes Initiative
- Goal Oriented / Detailed Oriented
- Strong Team Work
- Advanced in Math and reasoning
- Conflict resolution / decision making skills
- Decision Making
- Good Phone Skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Passion for learning
- Technical leadership
- Strong customer / member service
- Profecient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Bachelor's Degree
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Partners Federal Credit Union:
For more than 50 years, Partners Federal Credit Union has delivered The Partners Difference to our more than 175,000 members, with the highest levels of service, value, access and convenience. Plus, a full array of financial products you’ll find at the biggest banks, including savings, checking, loans, wealth management and the latest in innovative account access. And always with an exclusive connection to The Walt Disney Company that ensures a level of quality unsurpassed in banking. Named one of the 2019 “Best Credit Unions to Work For” by Credit Union Journal, Partners is truly Cast Members serving Cast Members, creating a genuine bond and commitment to service that no other financial institution can match. Join and discover that at Partners, we honor membership for life — because members can confidently rely on us at every stage of it. And because of our connection to The Walt Disney Company, every person who works for Partners is also a Disney Cast Member/employee.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Partners Federal Credit Union.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.