Already applied?View Dashboard
Administrative Assistant - Corporate Legal, Digital AntipiracyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 679265BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 19, 2019
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Are you a born organizer? Do you keep your cool under pressure? Do you have experience supporting a high-level executive? And do you have a soft spot for Disney? If you’re nodding your head, then an Executive Support Professional position in Corporate Legal, Digital Antipiracy at The Walt Disney Company might be right for you.
Our Executive Support Professionals are highly-respected because their skills are essential to the success of the company. You’d be part of a dynamic, fast-paced team that helps protect the intellectual property of The Walt Disney Company and would work with some of the most thoughtful and intelligent people in the business. Join us – apply today!
Responsibilities:This position currently reports to a director and three attorneys.
You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the leader(s) you support. This a hard-working collegial team that works diligently to protect the films, television shows, sports programming, and other content that make Disney so magical. It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, travel planning, hundreds of phone messages and endless calendar jockeying, but this job is very much about people, about forming strong relationships with your leaders and co-workers, and about understanding how to leverage the human capital within the Disney enterprise to help your executive(s) flourish. As the “face” of your executive(s) within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a critical component to its success. Every day as an Executive Support Professional is different! On any given day you might:
- Create a multi-city travel itinerary, taking into account time zones, weather delays, traffic and fatigue levels;
- Review your leader’s schedule to build-in time for things like thinking, and getting to/from meetings in our sprawling campus;
- Understand the day’s priorities so you can be smart about how you direct phone calls;
- Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video chats;
- Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles;
- Act as “casual buyer” of all office supplies for the department, and manage purchase orders and vendor contracts;
Basic Qualifications:Here’s what you will need to be successful in this job:
- At least 3 years supporting attorneys, legal and/or business executives (Director or above) and/or equivalent experience;
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including clean grammar and a robust vocabulary;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
- Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment;
- Mastery of Microsoft Office programs;
- Experience with redlining and editing documents;
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
- Confidence to learn new programs when necessary;
- Complete reliability handling confidential information;
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked, to build solid inter and intra-team relationships;
- Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed;
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and
- A professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
Preferred Qualifications:It would be a plus if you also had these skills:
- Experience with SAP, Serengeti, and Concur
- Good knowledge of Powerpoint, Excel, Tableau, and Sharepoint
- Experience with NetDocs or other document management system
- Familiarity with Bluejeans or other video-conferencing and screen-share tools
- Experience working in a large publicly-traded company
- Experience working a law firm or legal department
Required EducationEducation is important to us, here’s what we are looking for:
- Required : High school degree
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.