Already applied?View Dashboard
Administrative Assistant, Corporate Legal (Distribution)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 709929BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 11, 2019
The Corporate Legal – Distribution group is responsible for negotiating the distribution of feature films from the Walt Disney Studios (including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Twentieth Century Fox) and Media Networks content (including ABC Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Channel/Disney Jr./XD, Freeform, and FX), including distribution through home video, cable/satellite/IPTV, and online and mobile (including direct-to-consumer) platforms, and advising business executives on related legal and policy matters. Its primary function is to serve as the legal hub for all physical home video, electronic home video (“EHV”), transactional video-on-demand (“TVOD”), subscription video-on-demand (“SVOD”), and linear television agreements with The Walt Disney Company’s global licensees.
Do you have experience supporting senior attorneys or executives? Are you looking to continue your career in the exciting and fast-paced field of media and entertainment? The Walt Disney Company is looking for a seasoned Executive Assistant to support the Corporate Legal - DTCI/Distribution Team.
Highly Organized, Self-starter, and Excellent Communicator are keywords for the Executive Assistant. As the “face” of your legal team within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a key component to its success.
This position requires team work with other assistants, paralegals, and attorneys in the legal department. Applicants should have a cooperative work style, a strong work ethic and a positive attitude with respect to problem solving.
Responsibilities:On any given day, your responsibilities might require:
- Answering phones, maintaining Outlook calendars and contact lists (including scheduling meetings and calls across domestic and international time zones); faxing, photocopying, scanning, and mailing documents; tracking matters and key dates; and entering attorney time in Serengeti.
- Revising and redlining Word documents; drafting or revising and maintaining records of legal correspondence; organizing emails and documents for appropriate filing; assisting in preparation of PowerPoint presentations; preparing and updating Excel spreadsheets (including data entry)
- Maintaining various files, databases, and filing systems for the supported attorneys.
- Assisting in review, analysis and reconciliation of invoices and expenses.
- Interfacing with external parties and internal executives to coordinate meetings for the legal team in a timely and efficient manner maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Manage domestic and international scheduling and travel planning; booking travel; tracking and maintaining department out-of-office calendar for purpose of keeping overall department aware when travel occurs.
- Managing and tracking expense reports and receipts; reconciling corporate credit card accounts regularly.
- Assisting with all general administrative functions such as mailings, filing, and organization (both digital & physical).
- Greeting all guests for the department and manage their activities while on campus.
- Supporting the legal team with assorted administrative duties, including ensuring all department IT needs are met and/or supported, ordering office supplies; planning and coordinating department off-sites, special events, etc.
- Helping with meeting preparation, including agenda prep and distribution, making copies of documents and presentations, ordering refreshments, etc.
- Exercising discretion and the highest level of ethics in connection with confidential information.
- Assisting with any special projects as needed.
- A minimum 3-5 years of experience supporting executives in a corporate or legal position
- Experience supporting a number of executives/attorneys at one time and appropriately balancing priorities, in a large law firm or multi-national corporate legal department is a plus
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, strong proofreading skills, and ability to multi-task effectively
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to assure successful interaction with all levels of employees and external contacts
- Responsible, professional demeanor and sound judgment, including maintenance of confidentiality
- Bright, energetic, upbeat and reliable person who can support the team over a wide range of issues, has strong organizational and communication skills
- Willingness and initiative to learn the various business units supported by the Legal team and Disney processes and procedures
- Self-directing team player who prioritizes effectively, takes initiative and quickly adapts to changing events while maintaining a positive disposition
- Strong general computer and internet research skills
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and potentially Mac OS
- Familiarity with SAP Workplace and Document Management Systems
- Familiarity with Serengeti Tracker
- Advanced calendaring and word processing knowledge, including track changes, redlining and comparing documents
- Proficiency redlining, drafting, and revising legal documents and correspondence
- Bachelor's Degree
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.