Already applied?View Dashboard
Administrative Assistant - Corporate Strategy & Business DevelopmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 677828BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 20, 2019
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Are you a born organizer? Do you keep your cool under pressure? Do you have experience supporting a high-level executive? And do you have a soft spot for Disney? If you’re nodding your head, then an Executive Support Professional position in Corporate Strategy & Business Development at The Walt Disney Company might be right for you.
Our Executive Support Professionals are highly-respected because their skills are essential to the success of the company. You’d be part of a dynamic, fast-paced team that serve as key in-house strategy and transaction advisors to The Walt Disney Company’s senior executive leadership and would work with some of the most creative, intelligent people in the business. Join us – apply today!
This position currently reports to 2 Directors
Responsibilities:You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the leaders you support. The department’s activities and accomplishments contribute directly to the growth and success of all of Disney’s business units, including Studio Entertainment, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, Media Networks, and Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Examples of work we have done over the last several years include:
- Acquisitions: 21st Century Fox, BAMTech, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Pixar
- Strategy: Early stage investing strategy through the Disney Accelerator, Disney Interactive restructuring
- Joint Ventures: Equity Investment in Hulu, Combination of A&E and Lifetime
- International: Acquisition of Indian conglomerate UTV, Launch of Russia Disney Channel
- Divestitures: Miramax, ABC Radio
- Create a multi-city travel itinerary, taking into account time zones, weather delays, traffic and fatigue levels;
- Review your leader’s schedule to build-in time for things like thinking, and getting to/from meetings in our sprawling campus;
- Understand the day’s priorities so you can be smart about how you direct phone calls;
- Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video chats;
- Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles;
- Read relevant newspapers and trade journals so you understand the mission of the office;
- Act as “casual buyer” of all office supplies for the department, and manage purchase orders and vendor contracts;
- Prepare regular reports and summaries -- you’ll have tasks that you “own” completely;
- Collaborate on projects by conducting research, writing and fact-checking;
- Assist with on-boarding new employees – you’ll be the “friendly face” that newbies count on to answer all their questions, including many who are quite senior in the organization;
- Mentor and train younger support professionals in hard skills like computer programs, and soft skills like teamwork;
- Help plan off-sites as well as smaller-scale gatherings such as service recognition parties;
Basic Qualifications:Here’s what you will need to be successful in this job:
- At least 5 years supporting a Director or above and/or equivalent experience;
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including clean grammar and a robust vocabulary;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
- Complete reliability handling confidential information;
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment;
- Mastery of Microsoft Office programs, good skills in SAP, Sharepoint and Concur;
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
- Confidence to learn new programs when necessary;
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked, to build solid inter and intra-team relationships;
- Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed; and
- A professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
Preferred Qualifications:It would be a plus if you also had these skills:
- Good knowledge of the entertainment industry and Disney’s businesses and organizational structure;
- Experience working in a large publicly-traded company;
Required EducationEducation is important to us, here’s what we are looking for:
- Required : High school degree
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.