Administrative Assistant, Current Programming (ABC)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 774162BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television, ABC Entertainment Date posted Feb. 11, 2021
The Administrative Assistant provides support to one executive and proactively manages and organizes heavy calendar scheduling, multiple phone lines and books travel arrangements
- Proactively manage smooth operations of the executive’s calendar and office, being mindful of deadlines and priorities and anticipating needs
- Organize heavy calendar scheduling, facilitate heavy email and phone correspondence; submit expense reports, handle purchasing requests for supplies; book travel arrangements
- Prepare general grids in Excel for reporting; maintain, update, and compile weekly reports across the group for subsequent reporting to senior management
- Organize contact lists of writers, producers, creative executives and any related correspondence as needed
- Compose correspondence as needed; write synopsis and loglines of episodes for weekly, widely-distributed report
- Read and watch material and provide coverage and feedback as necessary
- Provide additional support to other executives and department as needed
- A minimum of 1 year of previous administrative assistant experience in a high volume entertainment desk at a studio, network, production company or talent agency
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and work across departments and teams
- Manage smooth operations of the executive’s calendar and office, being mindful of deadlines and priorities
- Self-motivated; takes initiative when managing work flow and delivery
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- General understanding of the television development process and cycles
- Knowledge of agencies and networks
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work overtime with short notice
- Must work well under pressure
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Must have a passion for television and the desire for a career in TV
- Proficient knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Proficiency in cloud based file management, i.e. Dropbox
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.