Administrative Assistant, Drama Development, ABC EntertainmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 975413BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business ABC Entertainment Date posted May 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- Manage heavy call volume, roll calls, and efficiently and effectively handle inquiries on behalf of the VP’s offices
- Manage smooth daily operations of the VP’s calendars and activity, being mindful and responsive to deadlines and priorities
- Set busy calendar of meetings and notes per executive’s daily priorities; monitor deadlines and keep executive apprised of intra- and inter-departmental project updates
- Manage invitations and logistics for recurring departmental meetings and large group meetings
- Book travel arrangements, flights, lodging, transportation, meals, etc., and prepare detailed itinerary; proactively create, submit and maintain travel & expense reports via SAP
- Routinely respond to inquiries and field requests (from network/studio depts., agencies, producers, talent, etc.)
- Provide additional support to other executives and department as needed
- Handle all office administrative tasks including filing, ordering office supplies, and other special administrative projects and tasks
- Minimum of 1 year of administrative experience required, preferably at an agency, network or TV production company
- Must be self-motivated, take initiative, and take ownership for their work tasks and responsibilities
- Highly organized with an acute attention to detail
- Prior experience anticipating executive’s needs to optimize efficiency and effectiveness; demonstrated ability to adapt and proactively implement solutions as needed
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Possess outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Resourceful and sound critical thinking and judgment, while managing competing priorities
- Values and promotes teamwork and professionalism
- Must have general understanding of the television development process and cycles
- Knowledge of agencies and networks
- Must work well under pressure
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively respond on behalf of the VPs
- Superior attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) required
- Must be able to work overtime
- Must have a passion for television and the desire for a career in TV
- 2+ years of administrative experience, preferably at an agency, network or TV production company
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the TV business
- Experience using SAP
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About ABC Entertainment:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC Entertainment.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.