Alliance ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 938654BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 16, 2022
Disney’s Corporate Alliances develops and holistically manages complex, long-term relationships with selected brands and companies. Our mission is to forge innovative and inspirational marketing partnerships around the world to drive incremental profitability through unique and diverse value streams across The Walt Disney Company.
- This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Alliance Management.
- This position identifies, investigates, analyzes, negotiates, and forms deep relationships with third-party strategic alliances to create mutually beneficial business partnerships/arrangements.
- This position will focus on accounts that require material, ongoing collaboration with multiple lines of business, and thus, requires a depth of knowledge and focus on a select number of complex individual accounts.
- Drive value to Alliance partners as well as Disney through identifying mutually beneficial opportunities, analyzing their business impact to both, and developing, pitching, and executing creative and innovative marketing ideas.
- This position requires an individual who is comfortable navigating an internally complex role, who can create deep mutually beneficial business strategies and act as a business consultant and representative of the Walt Disney Company to Fortune 500 Executive Leadership.
- This position will be responsible for a portfolio of key accounts and success will be measured based on the renewal rate, client feedback, expertise in the designated industry, and development of short and long-term business plans that deliver on the account’s strategies.
- Support development and execution of the annual and long-term account plans for Alliance partners through creation of pitch materials, financial analysis, and presentation to key stakeholders as needed.
- Collaborate with internal partners across Disney BUs to identify, develop, and execute creative programs that deliver on Alliance partner’s business objectives and deliver value to Disney.
- Manage execution and tracking of Alliance partner activations as appropriate across Disney BUs.
- Plan and attend all annual marketing planning meetings (both US and international if applicable) to facilitate the flow and prioritization of marketing opportunities with Alliance partners.
- Act as the key point of contact for assigned Alliance partners for compliance with the alliance agreement, account planning & development, and resolution of issues for both the Alliance partner and the stakeholder BUs.
- Coordinate regular communications with Alliance partners and ensure all deliverables are met according to the partnership agreements.
- Monitor ongoing trends in marketing and the partner category/industry to keep ahead of partner expectations and competition for partner marketing resources.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of Alliance partner’s business, Alliance partner goals/KPIs, Disney BUs’ business goals and current marketplace trends.
- Ensure timely reporting of program results, quarterly account dashboards, and monthly Salesforce updates.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams composed of representatives from different Disney BUs to develop and execute partnership activities.
- Support contract renewals, extensions and amendments by conducting appropriate due diligence, facilitating proposal development and analysis of deal terms for managed accounts, and lead negotiations as determined by the senior manager/director.
- Minimum of three years of Marketing, Consulting, and/or Agency experience
- Proven experience in relationship management and client-facing interaction
- Keen interest in data; ability to tell a story and extract meaningful and actionable insights
- Natural curiosity; takes the initiative to figure out the “whys” and the “whats” when presented with information
- Ability to develop creative, measurable solutions to business challenges, grounded in insights
- Ability to lead projects from inception to completion, including timelines, milestones, budgets and KPIs
- Ability to communicate effectively and foster relationships with internal Disney cast members and Alliance partners at all levels
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and matrixed environment
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Self-motivated individual with demonstrated strong abilities in organization, prioritization, and multi-tasking
- Comfortable with ambiguity and can embrace change
- Demonstrated strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Keynote
- Deep Familiarity with The Walt Disney Company’s brand, products/services, and guest experience
- Experience in promotions, marketing, planning and end to end execution across entertainment/studios, retail, food & beverage, and/or consumer packaged goods
- Ability to lead and influence internal and external stakeholders and manage multiple projects simultaneously with no direct authority
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.