Analyst, Connected Experiences (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 770713BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 15, 2021
The analyst both acts as a product/project lead and supports other project leads for projects, including acting as the day-to-day contact, leading business analysis. In some cases, the analyst will be the product owner, leading the overall vision, roadmap, requirements and features for a given solution. Alternatively, the analyst may support a product manager elsewhere and provide digital media strategy guidance.
This role will establish lasting relationships with internal teams and help them define project initiatives and long-term digital media strategy. This individual will lead the project interface between the Workforce Technology teams (including the UX and Usability teams in Connected Experiences), various Enterprise Technology teams, internal business units/COEs, and third-party vendors.
This position requires strong account management skills and the ability to connect with and lead a wide variety of project constituents. It also requires strong business analysis skills and the ability to learn new businesses quickly. A deep understanding of digital media development/operations is essential. This role will plan, execute, and deliver multiple projects simultaneously and must be able to transition through many different tasks and topics in a given day.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal partners, including communications, technical, and executive roles. Engage proactively with partners (HR leads, COEs, etc) to understand their business, their digital media needs, and identify/recommend paths forward
- Identify projects and define scope, goals, deliverables and success criteria that support the business priorities
- Create detailed requirements documentation, including written specifications, use cases, and data flow diagrams; ensure all parties understand their deliverables
- Communicate project schedules, budgets, resource allocation plans
- Identify risks and roadblocks, and manage effectively
- Create and maintain detailed project, product and customer documentation
- Aid in driving project delivery through effective use of issue and status meetings, work sessions and collaborative influence
- Lead internal stakeholders in the ongoing management of roadmap, feature development, version releases, and other product innovation
- Work collaboratively with team colleagues and partners
- Gather and document industry and Company best practices, standards and lessons learned and apply to future projects
- Work to continually improve partner and employee satisfaction with their digital experiences
- 3-5 years of business analysis experience
- 3-5 years of experience managing larger, more complex and cross-functional projects
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, and influencing skills
- Proven success in leading projects from concept through launch and transitioning to operational phase
- Demonstrated ability to manage project, departmental and enterprise risks related to projects
- Strong facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
- Successful history of client contact including experience in setting and managing client expectations
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycles, web technologies, web development and design processes
- Experienced in producing thorough, detailed project documentation
- Self-starter with high level of initiative; strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization including technical and non-technical people and internal and external audiences
- Extraordinarily detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Experience in a complex, large-company environment
- Experience in consulting or agency environment
- Previous digital media development experience
- Experience in user experience/user interface/usability design, requirements, best practices
- Experience with enterprise technology service design and management
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Omniture
- Experience with wiki tools such as Confluence
- Experience with web content management systems such as GoPublish, Wordpress, Drupal
- Experience with Microsoft Visio or OmniGraffle
- Familiarity with web and site search engines and SEO
- Familiarity with information architecture/design
Additional Information:Remote candidates will be considered for this position.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.