Already applied?View Dashboard
Analyst, Consumer Insights - Consumer Experience & ResearchApply Now Apply Later Job ID 633556BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Feb. 07, 2019
Job Summary:Disney ABC Television Group, a division of The Walt Disney Company, is looking for a qualified individual responsible for Research Analysis and data aggregation functions in support of the ABC Television Network. This group handles all content testing for ABC Entertainment including pilot testing, series maintenance and marketing testing.
- Assisting in the writing and reviewing of questionnaires, testing survey links, reviewing data/tabs, cleaning and coding open-ended data as needed, summarizing relevant data into stories and formatting slides/reports
- Leading coordination of focus groups including set up, extensive note taking and summarizing findings for team lead
- Creating and updating normative databases on an ongoing basis using a variety of datasets
- Analyzing ABC’s primetime performance on a daily basis and collaborating with other research groups in order to report a full picture view of show and network performance
- Tracking and reporting on Nielsen ratings for ABC and competitive programs; distribution and quality control of key ratings reports
- Performing other related tasks and/or special projects as assigned
Basic Qualifications:The ideal candidate should possess the following skills/attributes:
- A passion for all forms of television
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and juggle multiple projects at once
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to synthesize complex ideas and data sets into holistic stories
- Advanced computer skills, especially comfortable with PowerPoint and Excel; SPSS experience a plus
- Experience with Nielsen software a plus
- An understanding of the social media landscape
- Respectful, friendly and approachable with a positive outlook and attitude
- A team player who is willing to pitch in across different teams when needed
Preferred Qualifications:Prior experience with qualitative and quantitative primary research testing (including internships) at a media/entertainment company, market research agency, or brand consultancy a plus.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree
Preferred EducationCoursework in Statistics, Psychology, Marketing and English preferred
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.