Analyst - Content Performance Analytics (DGE)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 901835BR Location Burbank, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Dec. 19, 2021
The newly created Culture, Landscape, and Content Performance Analytics team sits within DGE’s Content Insights, Analytics and Scheduling group and consults with Senior Content, Strategy, and Marketing Leaders to deliver audience and content performance insights that inspire creative development and inform content strategy. The Analyst - Content Performance Analytics will join a growing team dedicated to delivering impactful data insights to inform a wide range of strategic decisions influencing the future of television at Disney General Entertainment.
- Conducting exploratory analysis across data sets to illuminate content viewing trends, and provide a deep and ongoing understanding of content performance and audience preferences
- Helping to design, build and automate new reports and dashboards as needed to support decision-making
- Using internal and external analytics tools, SQL, and scripting languages to access and analyze multivariate data
- Building strong partnerships and processes for ongoing collaboration with Analytics and Insights teams across The Walt Disney Company (Including DMED, Disney+ and Hulu)
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working within data analytics
- The ideal candidate would have a passion for all forms of television and content
- Curiosity and passion for solving problems and answering challenging questions
- Outstanding communication skills – written, oral, presentation and storytelling
- A deep bench of knowledge and experience across at least one of the following areas:
- Fluency capturing and translating data and insights via visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker, MicroStrategy)
- Expertise in data exploration and data science
- Experience working in “big data” environments (like Snowflake, Hadoop); Proficiency of SQL and an understanding of complex, large-scale relational databases, statistical programs and other tools (SAS, Python, R, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of Nielsen, and other content and audience measurement services and tools (comScore, Tubular, Omniture, Gracenote)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including Macro creation and modification; Proficient with PowerPoint, Keynote
- Ability to be flexible, adapting to changing priorities and able to juggle multiple projects
- Relationship builder, one who excels in a collaborative environment
- Can self-start, work autonomously, and juggle multiple projects simultaneously; ability to prioritize competing tasks
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Presentation graphics ability a plus (Keynote, iMovie)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Degree in Economics, Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, or equivalent/related degree is preferred
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.