Analyst, Data GovernanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 726677BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 10, 2019
- Enrich enterprise data assets by identifying and executing data acquisition opportunities and strategies, including those executed internally and/or with third parties
- Deliver customer data analytics / decision science subject matter expertise and services to TWDC businesses
- Establish global, company-wide standards and business policies for collection, sharing and use of customer information
- Own and operate enterprise-wide tools and capabilities, including the enterprise-wide customer data marketing and analytics environment and any company-wide customer-facing tools (e.g., customer preference centers, account management tools).
- Operational support of an enterprise-wide customer data governance program
- Review reports of our registration platform, permissions management system and metrics related to data flows between those systems and the enterprise data warehouse to determine any anomalies in the data flows
- Determine and develop additional reports that are required to ensure data quality with consistent and accurate data flows throughout the company
- Report on business unit performance in data quality evaluations
- Follow up with business units on error handling and remediation
- Monitor remediation activities and error logs at the direction of senior team members
- Provide business unit, technical, and legal support for privacy related operations
- Gather all relevant information from internal systems and through coordination with business units for customer or legal inquiries
- Maintain thorough tracking of investigations based on internal or external requests
- Review requests for new marketing permission lists and customer data access and document exceptions
- Work with customer systems engineering team to provide reviews and direction on customer data handling and approvals
- Assist with QA efforts of customer identity tools to ensure data quality
- 1-3 years experience focused in the customer data, compliance or marketing areas, or equivalent
- Demonstrated interest or passion in privacy issues and consumer data
- Attention to detail and focus on problem solving/investigation
- Enjoyment of understanding in detail how systems work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Understanding of software development processes
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders from non-technical to highly technical teams
- Knowledge of Tableau
- Experience with CRM applications, marketing automation applications, 3rd party data broker and data management services
- Knowledge of online advertising networks, leveraging identity and customer data capabilities of social platforms, privacy regulations, and email marketing
- CIPP or CIPT Certification
Required EducationBachelor’s degree
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.