Analyst, Deal Analysis SupportApply Now Apply Later Job ID 762664BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 24, 2020
Responsibilities:Deal Analysis, Support and Content Valuation
- Support financial analysis (e.g., comps, financial counters, etc.) related to commercial terms with global platforms and select clients in collaboration with various global stakeholders
- Prepare summaries for senior executive decision support and socialization as needed
- Support ongoing content valuation activities related to internal/external sales
- Support creation and maintenance of precedent comps/deals database
- Flex to support non-economic terms analysis from time to time
- Create analysis and presentation materials in response to ad hoc senior executive and client requests that may include industry insights and emerging trends, distribution alternatives, trade-off analyses and market-level forecasts
- Create business overviews to share performance updates and best practices with key domestic and international executives
- Support evaluation of new business opportunities within content sales and assist with business plan development where appropriate
- In collaboration with distribution research and insights team scope and support execution of primary research activities in support of the content sales business
- In collaboration with research team, create presentation materials in support of socialization of market trends and forecasts
- Work with research team to identify and manage all relevant secondary research sources
- Socialize all relevant economic terms with Finance and Controllership pre- and post-deal close
- Assist with ultimates, AOP and long-range planning where appropriate
- At least 3 years of strategy, analytical business development and/or financial experience
- Strong financial acumen and comfort with quantitative/analytical exercises and financial modeling
- Strong proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel
- Understands the competitive landscape and current competitive trends in the media industry
- Skilled at building strong relationships with a broad array of cross-functional stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- At least 3 years of strategy, analytical business development and/or financial experience, preferably with exposure to media, entertainment and/or tech, deal-making/negotiations
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.