Analyst, Distribution Planning & AnalysisApply NowApply Later Job ID 781741BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 14, 2021
Responsibilities:Provide the availabilities and support licensing of all content to Star+/Canada D+:
- Provide accurate and timely availability of all content (long form feature films, Star/Disney+ originals, episodic content, promos, bonus, interstitials, etc.) for Star/Disney+, respecting complex holdbacks and restrictions stemming from existing licenses, underlying rights and/or music issues, various MVPD/BDU restrictions, and availability of assets.
- Work closely with the local Disney/NatGeo/Fox linear channel programming teams and local sales planning and content sales teams to clear any third party licenses.
Support management of the Star+/Canada Disney+ license:
- Track the windowing, airdates and holdbacks with respect to the content licensed to Star/Disney+.
- Send accurate license information to DSS (at the media, territory, language level) and capture the transfer pricing to feed to Accounting.
- Ensure holdbacks are properly applied per Senior Management and/or Territory specific guidelines.
Support deal analysis and post-sale deal management for Canadian clients (linear, AVOD, SVOD, channel deals):
- Support TWDC’s Canadian sales team, Business Operations, Legal, Finance and Accounting in all licenses of TWDC content to Canadian clients (linear, AVOD, SVOD, channel deals), both pre-sale and post-sale.
- Administer and manage all such deals post-entry, e.g., draft and send notices (start dates, new seasons, etc.), license fee calculations, invoices
- Support operation of all channels operated as Canadian joint-ventures (i.e., Disney Channels, FX, Nat Geo)
- Access avails and sales history reports on an ad hoc basis for deal analysis team, Burbank senior management, audits, finance
- Track options, MFNs, deal expirations
- Liaise with servicing team and business operations on servicing issues.
- Assist legal with guild and participation audits
- At least 3 years in the media & entertainment industry 1+ years of direct experience with media distribution
- Deep experience with financial modeling, complex financial analysis, advanced Excel skills and experience with analyzing large amounts of data
- Strong facility with contractual drafting, interpretation and analysis
- Proven track record in effectively managing and building strong relationships with a broad array of stakeholders
- Some experience in international media distribution
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.