Analyst, Distribution Planning & AnalysisApply NowApply Later Job ID 7095603620220515 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
This person will support Distribution Planning & Analysis for Canada Content Sales and DTC services in Canada
Provide availabilities and support licensing of all content to DTC services in Canada:
- Provide accurate and timely availability of all content (long form feature films, DTC originals, episodic content, promos, bonus, interstitials, etc.) for DTC, respecting complex holdbacks and restrictions stemming from existing licenses, underlying rights and/or music issues, various MVPD/BDU restrictions, and availability of assets.
- Ensure holdbacks are properly applied per Senior Management and/or Territory specific guidelines.
Support deal analysis and post-sale deal management for Canadian clients (linear, AVOD, SVOD, channel deals):
- Support TWDC’s Canada sales team, Business Operations, Legal, Finance and Accounting in all licenses of TWDC content to Canadian linear, AVOD and SVOD clients, both pre-sale and post-sale.
- Administer and manage all such deals in the rights management system; manage all post-entry workstreams, e.g., draft and send notices (start dates, new seasons, etc.), license fee calculations, preparing invoice backups, asset delivery, etc.
- Support operation of all channels operated as Canadian joint-ventures and output/trademark license agreements (i.e., Nat Geo, Disney Channel )
- Access avails and sales history reports on an ad hoc basis for Burbank senior management, audits, finance
- Track options, MFNs, deal expirations
- Liaise with servicing team and business operations on servicing issues.
- Assist legal with guild and participation audits
- Minimum 1 year in the media & entertainment industry
- Deep experience with financial modeling, complex financial analysis, advanced Excel skills and experience with analyzing large amounts of data
- Some experience in contractual drafting, interpretation and analysis
- Proven track record in effectively managing and building strong relationships with a broad array of stakeholders
- PowerPoint proficient
- Minimum 1 year of direct experience with media distribution strongly preferred
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent work experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.