Already applied?View Dashboard
Analyst, Franchise Management (Project Hire)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 528717BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 02/28/2018
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Manage creation, compiling and proactive sharing of franchise analytics and consumer insights in support of effective franchise strategy, planning and management. This includes social analytics, social listening, franchise financials, media planning, key business performance indicators, primary consumer research, competitive tracking and industry data and trends.
Establish and manage tools and processes that enable seamless and proactive sharing of business intelligence to support franchise planning and management across segments and regions.
ResponsibilitiesSupport creation and distribution of cross-business performance metrics and analytics to identify impact of large strategic initiatives
- Conduct analytics utilizing business performance data and consumer insights
- Develop concise, powerful presentations to clearly illustrate key findings
Support ongoing distribution planning and performance tracking of franchise marketing campaigns including initial goal setting, ongoing tracking, and performance recap development:
- Paid Media optimization and performance measurement
- Social Media engagement tracking
- TV reach & frequency
- Social listening
- Maintain Financial data system to ensure accuracy
- Create communications that highlight key trends
Support Sr. Manager of Consumer Insights in conducting both quantitative trackers and qualitative research, as well as analysis and reporting of all consumer insight work in support of the Franchise Management and Brand Management teams including:
- Assist in management of global kids tracking study along with custom research including:
- Project initiation (refining objectives, survey/screener/discussion guide design, etc.)
- Vendor management and communication
- Analysis of research results and synthesis of findings
- Creating communications for key stakeholders typically in PPT format
- Ad hoc data pulls and consumer insight analysis including core characters, Franchises and brands, across all Regions and segments
Compile and create reports on industry and competitive data in support of franchise strategy, planning and management
- Cross-BU consumer and marketplace insights
- Competitive reviews/analysis
- 0-2 years of prior experience in business consulting or company planning roles. Relevant undergraduate internship(s).
- Good understanding of financials (revenues, costs), financial reporting systems, and business performance metrics
- Strong analytic skills, with experience crystallizing key insights from complex and disparate data sources
- Strong strategic and analytic skills, including comfort working with and distilling key insights from large amounts of disparate data
- Experience developing concise, story-driven presentations synthesizing key findings from industry and consumer data
- Experience in quantitative analysis in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong relationship and communication skills due to the need to work collaboratively with multiple internal and external partners
- Experience at Disney especially helpful.
- Experience in Disney financial reporting and forecasting systems and processes highly desirable
- Experience working in entertainment business (helpful, but not required)
- Consumer insights experience (quantitative survey or tracking research experience is a plus)
- Experience working with Social Media metrics and systems
- SPSS experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree from a top tier school and strong academic aptitude