Analyst, International TreasuryApply NowApply Later Job ID 768726BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 19, 2020
Recent projects within International Treasury include:
- Developing a currency risk management strategy for the construction and acquisition of three new cruise ships
- Developing currency risk management programs for international theme park expansion projects (e.g. Disneyland Paris and Shanghai Disney Resorts)
- Completing the integration of 21CF foreign exchange risk into Disney’s risk management program
- Preparing the international component of Company-wide hurdle rates used for valuation and investment purposes
- Partnering with Disney’s global business units to identify, quantify and aggregate the Company’s foreign exchange risk; assessing the related impacts to the company, and presenting the findings to executive management. Analysis prepared is used to enter into hedge contracts in the form of multi-million dollar derivatives
- Performing analytical tasks designed to enhance foreign exchange hedging practices and develop new risk mitigation strategies
- Maintaining records in the risk management system for each of the global business units in order to enable accounting entries designed to mitigate foreign exchange risk for all business units
- Conducting macroeconomic research in order to assist global partners in financial planning and strategic initiatives
- Supporting financing of new or existing international business initiatives through internal or external financing efforts
- Developing enhanced monitoring, reporting, and analytical models for the Company’s international liquidity positions so that international cash can be utilized efficiently and obligations of financing structures are satisfied
- Interest in global financial markets
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience in quantitative analyses / financial modeling
- Self-starter with ability to succeed in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to think critically, and strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with numerous internal stakeholders and external banks
- Bachelor's in Business Administration, Finance or related field
Additional Information:The International Treasury team is seeking an undergraduate candidate for a full-time Analyst position (summer 2021 start). The ideal candidate should exhibit excellent analytical skills and possess a record of outstanding academic and professional achievement. Strong written and verbal communication skills, a team-oriented attitude, and a sense of fun are essential. The position is based in Burbank, California.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.