Android DeveloperApply Now Apply Later Job ID 582109BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Aug. 08, 2018
Job Summary:Do you dream of using technology to provide millions of homes with entertainment? Do you love mentoring others and getting your hands on cutting-edge products well ahead of the public? We believe it’s fun to do the impossible and are looking for the brightest technical engineers to help us change the way the world watches TV.
On the Digital Media Technology team at the Disney|ABC Television Group (DATG), we build high-traffic, best-in-class applications and services for mobile, desktop, and streaming media platforms. The Android Developer is part of a group of passionate, collaborative professionals. We’re surprisingly nimble for a large organization; you’d have the opportunity to work on many different projects and collaborate with imaginative people every day. Join a world that includes sun-drenched offices, team outings and events, and flexible work environments.
Responsibilities:You would join a dynamic environment where you would guide your team building apps that enhance the TV experience of households across the nation.
Every day as an Android Developer is different. On any one day, you might:
- Help enhance apps and services for ABC and Disney through reliable and maintainable code;
- Pilot software on new technologies;
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, problems, and errors encountered across our mobile platforms;
- Analyze and optimize application code focusing on efficiency, reliability, and performance;
- Solve problems by collaborating across multiple teams, from product to design;
- Share findings with other teams in an open environment;
- Solve user-experience problems across multiple platforms; and
- Enjoy a flexible work space and schedule!
- Develop object-oriented software and applications for Android’
- Use Kotlin for mobile development;
- Follow software engineering standards while adapting to new technologies;
- Experience with unit test frameworks, continuous integration systems and documentation of engineering solutions;
- Handle contending priorities in a dynamic setting; and
- Stay ahead of the latest development practices.
Preferred Qualifications:It would be helpful if you also know:
- JSON, XML;
- UI/UX and TDD or BDD development;
- Accessibility standard methodologies and security standard methodologies;
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.