Android DeveloperApply Now Apply Later Job ID 582109BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Aug. 08, 2018
Job Summary:Do you dream of using technology to provide millions of homes with entertainment? Do you love mentoring others and getting your hands on cutting-edge products well ahead of the public? We believe it’s fun to do the impossible and are looking for the brightest technical engineers to help us change the way the world watches TV.
On the Digital Media Technology team at the Disney|ABC Television Group (DATG), we build high-traffic, best-in-class applications and services for mobile, desktop, and streaming media platforms. The Android Developer is part of a group of passionate, collaborative professionals. We’re surprisingly nimble for a large organization; you’d have the opportunity to work on many different projects and collaborate with imaginative people every day. Join a world that includes sun-drenched offices, team outings and events, and flexible work environments.
Responsibilities:You would join a dynamic environment where you would guide your team building apps that enhance the TV experience of households across the nation.
Every day as an Android Developer is different. On any one day, you might:
- Help enhance apps and services for ABC and Disney through reliable and maintainable code;
- Pilot software on new technologies;
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, problems, and errors encountered across our mobile platforms;
- Analyze and optimize application code focusing on efficiency, reliability, and performance;
- Solve problems by collaborating across multiple teams, from product to design;
- Share findings with other teams in an open environment;
- Solve user-experience problems across multiple platforms; and
- Enjoy a flexible work space and schedule!
- Develop object-oriented software and applications for Android’
- Use Kotlin for mobile development;
- Follow software engineering standards while adapting to new technologies;
- Experience with unit test frameworks, continuous integration systems and documentation of engineering solutions;
- Handle contending priorities in a dynamic setting; and
- Stay ahead of the latest development practices.
Preferred Qualifications:It would be helpful if you also know:
- JSON, XML;
- UI/UX and TDD or BDD development;
- Accessibility standard methodologies and security standard methodologies;
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.