Animation Checker – The Proud Family: Louder and ProuderApply NowApply Later Job ID 765370BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation, Disney Channel Date posted Sep. 09, 2020
- Overall: check and confirm that all files, media, and information to be shipped are correct, complete and consistent.
- Using Storyboard Pro, review storyboards prior to production for missing or incorrect scene descriptions, character actions, camera moves, effects, and special notes on each panel within each scene.
- Coordinate with Director and Production to include revised storyboard panels from animatic if there is a difference and/or coordinate with Editor to adjust animatic to include any revised storyboard panels after confirming with Director.
- Make sure scene numbers, action notes, camera moves, effects, character names, special notes, hook-ups, and lighting sources are all called out correctly on storyboard and X-sheets, if applicable, and that the storyboards, X-sheets and animatic all match each other.
- Verify that character reactions, expressions and actions are concise and follow standard walk/run cycle sheets, where applicable
- If X-sheets are required, review lip assignment to confirm the correct mouth chart is followed
- Review scene cuts and confirm they match the animatic. Review with Director if scene cuts do not match. Coordinate with Timing Director to adjust scene cuts, if necessary.
- Ensure there are correct camera moves, action, lip sync, character names, abbreviations, hook-ups or effects and correct scene and panel numbers on all X-sheets.
- Create the final route sheet within Insight
- Enter final footage and submit final checked work to Production to ship to vendor studio
- Advanced Mac/PC skills
- Familiarity with Storyboard Pro
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Insight or ability to learn proprietary software quickly
- Traditional 2D, Harmony and CG Animation Pipeline experience or training preferred
- Proven ability to be detail-oriented and highly organized is required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure.
- Must be open to direction and able to embrace change.
Required EducationBachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Additional Information:Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.