Animation CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 972848BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted May 04, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- Schedule meetings with Producers, Supervisors, Directors, Senior Level Executives, and outside Vendors as requested.
- Organize meetings, on-site visits, and demos with vendors, freelance production crew, and technology companies to maintain and expand department relationships throughout the industry.
- Attend all pertinent meetings, take detailed notes and follow-up on select action items.
- Maintain notes databases, keep records up to date and track all outstanding items for next steps.
- Submit all new user access request forms for animation production crew & executive new hires as requested.
- Acts as liaison for onboarding new animation production crew members.
- Support the creation of best practices policies and promote their implementation with the animation teams.
- Gather agenda items for weekly executive animation review.
- Support Executives in setting up & running the review, troubleshooting any technical issues as they arise.
- Take notes during the review for Executives’ reference as requested.
- Manage production databases to track the status and location of all animation physical assets.
- Assist each animation production in receiving all requested physical assets.
- Assess condition of physical assets to determine when items need to be decommissioned and re-purchased.
- Ensure all animation physical assets are serviced and in good working order.
- Coordinate with the Digital Asset Management department to answer questions and offer support for both current & archived projects.
- Facilitate file uploads, downloads & transfers for various digital asset requests.
- Field marketing submissions and requests along with the animation crew/marketing coordinator.
- Assist with all TV spot requests, liaising with the marketing team directly to send all pertinent files as needed.
- Track all upcoming marketing deadlines, add details to the calendar and flag any urgent needs to Executives.
- Assist Executives with all awards submissions, including: VES, ASIFA/The Annie’s, etc.
- Maintain database (resumes, availability, and reel library) for animation talent and all VFX vendors globally.
- Distribute database to all production crews upon wrap to update records.
- Export reports for Executives to review & assess availability.
- Set meetings with individuals, vendors, etc. for Executives to vet for upcoming work.
- Tracks vendor security assessments and statuses in conjunction with the content security team.
- Assists with video conferencing and reviews.
- Process drive-ons and walk on for visitors.
- Prioritize & coordinate calendars.
- Ensure Executives have prep time for critical projects & meetings.
- Update and maintain Marvel’s Animation Confluence page.
- Maintains all templates & forms to remain current with any new Marvel standards and regulations.
- Work with Executives, on continuing to evolve databases for the best use by current productions as well as for the purpose of historical production archive and analysis.
- Act as outward facing animation resource of information flow for all animation productions.
- 1-3 years of experience in Animation.
- Must be a team player, proactive and solution oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior skill set in organization, problem-solving, time-management, multi-tasking, and operating in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and responsibilities under pressure with minimal supervision is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a calm and positive attitude in high-pressure situations.
- Computer Skills: Mac skills required; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Filemaker, Cinesync Pro, and Shotgrid. Experience with Signiant and 5th Kind is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Animation Production/Post Production and understanding of technical terms and processes required.
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.