Animation Editor - Expression of Interest Marvel Studios AnimationApply NowApply Later Job ID 868978BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Sep. 30, 2021
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the World through incredible characters like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre by building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our characters, worlds and stories.
Marvel Studios Animation is hiring.
This is an IATSE 700 position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
We are looking for an Editor who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset, and passion for great storytelling at Marvel Studios. The Editor works with the Director in the creation of an animated TV series. They will creatively edit episodic picture from pre-viz through lock picture, and set up and completion of all editorial work as requested from the Director on an animated TV production.
- Foremost, a Filmmaker and a Storyteller
- Strong grasp of timing and scene motivation
- Understands the details needed to build proper character development
- Experience across all phases of animation pipeline from storyboards through shot delivery through final delivery
- Collaborates with Directors and Writers to turn storyboards, script and scratch audio into a lush and cohesive story
- Extensive experience with sound effects libraries and creating initial sound design elements for the episodes
- Work alongside Music Supervisors and Composers to build a Music environment that works in tandem with the story
- Ability to lead Sound Record sessions with Voice Talent
- Organize, store, handle, and line up digital elements used in assembling a sequence
- Run review sessions for all stages of production (animatics, animation, lighting etc.)
- Can successfully run “the room”
- Understands Post Process and Deadlines
- Provide mentoring and training as needed
- A minimum of 4+ years of Editorial experience and/or prior animation, visual effects, or live action production experience
- Knowledge of AVID
- Must be self-directed with minimal supervision, as well as providing guidance and mentorship to others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film or related field desired, or equivalent experience
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working under tight schedules
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate balance of creativity and technical knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: able to communicate with all levels of executives, management and staff
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills
- Broad expertise or unique knowledge and uses skills to contribute to development of techniques or procedures to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Animation, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Animation, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.