Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Animation Studios - Real-time Rendering Intern, Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 604481BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Dec. 14, 2018
Job Summary:The production technology software team is undertaking a large-scale transition to a unified pipeline centered around USD and Hydra. This internship is an opportunity for you to be a part of one of the focal points of this effort, helping take our real-time preview rendering tools to the next level.
Responsibilities:As part of a small but focused real-time rendering team you will work with developers and TDs to best utilize USD and Hydra to provide real-time preview rendering and interaction capabilities for artists. This will test your skills in OpenGL and C++ coding, real-time rendering, and collaboration as you explore new ways to preview the final-quality film assets in real-time.
- Extend preview rendering capabilities to allow artists to efficiently interact with their scene data
- Optimize our GL rasterization pipeline to achieve smooth real-time playback
- Explore new real-time rendering solutions, e.g. fast accurate volume rendering
- Collaborate with engineers, artists and TDs working towards a common goal as part of a larger project
- Knowledge in real-time rendering algorithms and techniques
- Experience using various optimizers, profilers and debuggers (CPU and GPU)
- Familiarity with Linux operating system
- Familiarity with Python, C++, Modern OpenGL and/or GLSL
- Familiarity with USD / Hydra
- Experience working as part of a team of developers, use of source code control systems etc.
Required EducationSophomore, Junior or Senior Level undergraduate student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduation) pursuing a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Graphics, Applied Mathematics, or related field.
Preferred EducationGraduate level student pursuing a Master's or PhD from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related field.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2019 - August/September 2019. Interns must be available to work full-time for the duration of the internship.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.