Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Animation Studios - Technology Research Graduate Intern, Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 604414BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Jan. 04, 2019
Job Summary:The Research group at Walt Disney Animation Studios is responsible for scientific and technological innovation that typically goes beyond the horizon of any single production. The group acts as a liaison to Disney Research and works in collaboration with both academia, artists and other stakeholders to invent algorithms and tools that will help shape the future of film making.
Responsibilities:As a technology research intern you will be working on cutting edge research to help turn technical insight into Disney magic. Your job will be to explore new ideas in a scientific fashion through systematic experimentation and documentation. All projects require the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with good communication skills being essential. Successful projects may lead to publications and in some cases ongoing collaborations.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong math skills
- Expertise in one of the following areas :
- Modeling and simulation of frictional contact
- Continuum mechanics and constitutive modeling
- Nonlinear optimization
- Machine learning
- Compressed sensing
- Multigrid methods
- Data compression
- High performance computing
- Performance modeling
- Proficiency with all of the following : C++, Matlab or Mathematica, Linux
- Graduate level student pursuing a Master's or PhD from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics, or related field.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.6 or higher
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June - August/September 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of a 13 week assignment.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.