Animation SupervisorApply NowApply Later Job ID 826572BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Jul. 13, 2021
Marvel Studios is an entertainment brand defined the stories and successes of our more than 8,000 incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. Based at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, Marvel Studios is one of the most successful movie studios in the world, today. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises, led by President Kevin Feige, is a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with vision as far-reaching as our stories.
The Animation Supervisor will work with the team of animation artists, provide leadership and guidance, help them meet the high artistic standards of Marvel Animation, and ensure that the direction of the creative team is carried out on schedule and on budget.
- Must have experience with cinematic-level, genre-based action shows with super heroes
- Must be strong 2D animator with 3D animation experience
- Responsible for delivering consistent feedback that contributes to the overall development and elevation of the individual, the team, and the craft
- Supervise animation on each episode while guiding and inspiring animators to create their best work
- Work directly with the Supervising and Episode Directors
- Work closely with Head of Character/VizDev regarding rigging and ROM tests of primary characters
- Must be able to clearly communicate rig notes and set priorities to ensure all characters under their supervision are ready for production
- Work with Directors to establish performance guidelines for a variety of characters through research, character packets, and animation
- Supervise the animation teams at each vendor, and review dailies for all animation feedback.
- Encourage and facilitate the creative inspiration of artists working directly with them
- Partner with Production Management to make sure vendors are on track to complete shots on time and to top quality
- Proactively and effectively communicate issues to the other supervisors on the production and give regular updates to the show leadership
- Be a strong collaborator when brainstorming about new workflow efficiency practices and other problem-solving sessions
- Identify opportunities to share knowledge and educate others on production processes
- 2D animation experience
- Experience anatomy, perspective, and composition
- Experience in solving problems of weight, balance, movement, space, construction and proportion
- Demonstrated proficiency with the principles of animation, including timing and the dynamics of animals and human figures in action
- Demonstrated acting and staging skills; the ability to caricature features, actions, emotions required
- Ability to present work and communicate clearly with artistic and studio leadership
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, taking as well as giving direction with poise
- Strong understanding of the principles of cinematography and animation
- Strong knowledge and technical understanding of digital pipeline issues
- Strong knowledge of each of the following technical areas:
- Animation principles
- Knowledge of kinematics and physical behaviors
- File management systems
- Skill in the following areas is desired:
- Traditional drawing, painting, design and/or sculpture
- 3D Modeling and Rigging
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.