Art DirectorApply NowApply Later Job ID 784800BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 22, 2021
Responsibilities:The Partnerships & Promotions organization is looking for an Art Director to with a strong eye for visual design and a passion for the Marvel and Disney brands. The ideal candidate will be able to conceptualize and enhance high-level partnerships between Marvel, Disney, and major partners across retail, auto, tech, etc. The Art Director must pay strong attention to visual details and be able to excel under tight deadlines. This role will report into the Senior Manager, Marketing Partnerships & Promotions and will be tasked with using their design skills to support a large team in efforts to secure and execute promotions and partnerships.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Translate the visual identities of Marvel and Disney into collaborations with big-name third-party brands.
- Develop and enhance the look and feel of co-branded productions, digital executions, and on-the-ground activations.
- Manage graphic design for pitch materials and presentations – inclusive of moodboards, storyboards, and visually-dazzling background information.
- Effectively present ideas to project partners and executives.
- Develop custom content ideas for brand-specific pitches across Marvel, Parks & Resorts, and Disney Corporate Alliances.
- Proactively identify opportunities to tap into pop culture trends, creativity, executional approaches & techniques.
- Possess a keen understanding of the Brand Partnership space across film, television, streaming, theme parks, social, and OOH.
- Balance assignments from a diverse group of executives across Corporate Alliances and Marvel Partnerships with separate priorities and workflows.
- Spearhead occasional sizzle reels, special projects, creative strategy pitches as needed for department.
- Assist Project Managers across the team with developing and enhancing new and ongoing partnership programs.
- Ability to build strong internal organization and external relationships, be a team player, and proactively provide assistance whenever/wherever needed. The desire to learn and grow is a must.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of partnership marketing + multi-platform media campaigns
- Ability to influence brand partners and sell through ideas.
- Experience working with Keynote and Apple systems a must
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility switching between styles and skillsets
- Bachelor of Arts or Certificate in Graphic Design or Motion Graphics Design, Portfolio School training, and/or comparable field experience required
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.