Artist and Repertoire Soundtracks SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 889813BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 24, 2021
This individual will interface with many different individuals at all levels of the company, from production assistants to marketing leads and executives across multiple brands, as well as a broad range of individuals outside the company. This will require an outgoing, confident personality, coupled with good judgment, resourcefulness and discretion.
- Manage the deliverable assets for multiple projects simultaneous from start to finish including research, communication, preparation of all deliverable assets for our Disney Branded Entertainment Soundtrack partners (our area of responsibility includes: all DIS Branded live action releases, DIS branded animation, Marvel, Lucas, TDC, DJR, Muppets, DPEP, Pixar, DIS+ properties, video games)
- Work closely with A&R admin to develop correct label copy and vet lyrics are correct for Soundtracks projects and re-confirm any final details with stakeholders according to strict timelines.
- Secure mastering sessions and the on-time delivery of assets to production for manufacturing
- Assisting all partners, music composers and music supervisors to work through the myriad challenges for on-time delivery and keep them on task with a pleasant and helpful demeanor
- Communicate with Marketing and provide them with any information and assets they may need to plan and execute successful marketing campaigns for release
- Help our partners work through our systems efficiently and provide them with appropriate guidance
- Consistent and appropriate follow-ups with our partners to ensure on-time delivery of all assets.
- Provide light admin support to VP and Director (primarily expenses, travel)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working within a Music Department setting
- Familiarity with Music Department on film or television productions, particularly with editors, music supervisors or similar.
- Superior communication skills with the ability to understand and effectively communicate and understand music industry terminology
- Familiarity with many different genres of music, musical score, instrumentation and musical terms and a willingness to listen to and learn unfamiliar works
- Effective communicator, strong oral and written skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Able to self-manage competing deadlines
- Self-starter; self-motivated; takes initiative on projects and figuring out answers to questions
- Unafraid to ask questions
- Strong research and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with the production of recording and electronic media projects
- Proactive and shows initiative with a sense of urgency
- High School Diploma required with relevant work experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.