Assistant Colorist - Project HireApply NowApply Later Job ID 798926BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted May 24, 2021
The Assistant Colorist works together with the Senior Colorist to color grade The Walt Disney Animation content. The ideal candidate is someone with Digital Vision Nucoda experience, knowledge of the animation workflow, and strong technical skills.
- Timeline conform from AVID Media Composer to Nucoda
- Reel update: color tracing, re-conform
- Run the renders and QC the results
- Language insert of translated shots for different territories
- Stereoscopic conversion: language inserts, adjusting shapes
- Use the different scripts designed to speed up rendering. Adjust those scripts when needed
- Help with non-animated content: documentaries, bonus content, unscripted material
- Experience with professional color grading tool, Digital Vision Nucoda preferred
- Familiarity with Avid Media Composer
- Knowledge of animation post-production workflow, codecs, color spaces, …
- Experience programming in Python3 and Windows Batch scripting is a plus
- Conscientious and detail driven
- QC experience
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Secret Lab, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The Secret Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.