Assistant Field EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 746644BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Feb. 07, 2020
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity for an assistant field engineer who will report to the Manager, Facility Operations and assist with day to day tasks of supervising facility maintenance, operations and constructions projects.
- Communicate directly with Manager, Facilities Operations, regarding all assigned projects and maintain regular updates.
- Coordinate work directly with trade foremen, business unit coordinators, contractors and vendors for facility operations, business unit projects, and capital and expense projects.
- Liaise with Environmental Health and Safety, Fire, and Security departments and supervise vendors, where required.
- Manage Procurement and estimates from vendors and internal trades for consistency and adequacy
- Prepare initial budgets and estimates for business unit funded projects and expense/recurring capital funded projects.
- Assist in maintaining and updating records and standards for projects and facilities.
- Develop, maintain and update projects schedules for successful completion and coordination.
- Hold regular project meetings with vendors, trades and stakeholders.
- Trouble shooting of field activities during the course of a project and escalating where necessary.
- Use existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems.
- Work within standardized procedures and practices to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Prepare project notifications and procure approvals.
- Communicate clearly, professionally, and effectively with trades department foremen, business unit clients and Operation Manager on tasks related to facility maintenance and projects.
- Request work orders where necessary.
- Supervise work completion, progress and quality of construction and maintenance for all assigned tasks.
- Conduct periodic work inspections to ensure quality and completeness of work.
- Suggest asset upgrades based on observations in the field and assist in capital planning for future projects.
- Supports facilities functions for day-to-day operation, projects and reporting.
- Create and submit requests for purchase orders and contracts.
- Explain and ensure of safety program to all site personnel
- Supervise safety compliance during execution of all tasks and projects.
- Supervise the execution and assist with development of assigned tasks/projects
- Assists with the reviewing existing assets, confirming information and documenting existing conditions, age, and asset data as required.
- Assist with Manager, Facilities Operations tasks as needed during his/her absence
- 2-3 years of field experience working with and managing maintenance trades is required
- Must be able to read and understand construction drawings
- Must be knowledgeable with the of sequence of construction and construction techniques
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must have clear and professional communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task and balance many different projects at one time
- Must be able to stay organized in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a hands-on approach to all work and projects
- Must be able to work well with all teams
- Must be able to problem-solve throughout complex projects and technical tasks.
- Experience in a Studio/Production environment preferred
- College degree in engineering is required.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.