Assistant General Counsel – Commercial Marketing & Ad StandardsApply NowApply Later Job ID 927489BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Networks and Business Operations Legal Team (NET-BOLT) partners with various businesses across the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution division. We are responsible for advising the TV networks, including ABC and its owned stations, ESPN, Disney, FX, Freeform, and National Geographic, as well as the streaming services, including Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+, on all of their business operations.
Reporting to head of legal for the business operations of the TV networks and streaming services, this person will be part of the senior leadership team for NET-BOLT. They will manage a team of lawyers and be responsible for advising the following business teams: (a) Network Creative Productions; (b) Brand Marketing; (c) Marketing Operations; (d) Synergy; and (e) Distribution Marketing.
Responsibilities:The work will involve a wide variety of transactions and counseling including:
- Negotiating agreements with talent, production companies, and other suppliers in connection with ad sponsored content;
- Drafting technology, vendor and other service agreements;
- Working with the distribution and content teams to navigate marketing rights;
- Vetting creative assets, disclosures and messaging for social and other marketing channels to ensure compliance with applicable laws;
- Collaborating with business and legal teams across Parks, Networks and Streaming on company-wide synergy and promotions;
- Ensuring that all IP is cleared for intended uses; and
- Establish and safeguard our ad standards, advising our Ad Sales team on related issues.
- 12 to 15 years of total legal experience
- At least 10 years of relevant in-house or law firm experience doing marketing productions and other commercial marketing transactions
- Significant experience negotiating and drafting talent, production, technology, operations and services agreements is required
- Candidates who are familiar with guild, labor, FTC and FCC laws will be preferred
- Experience with ad standards and practices is ideal
- Candidates who have developed their skills at a law firm, after graduating with a Juris Doctorate degree, will be preferred
- JD or equivalent
- Admission to California State Bar or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.