Assistant General Counsel (Employment Litigation)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 764433BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 18, 2020
- Represent the Company directly in litigation matters.
- Manage outside counsel in litigation matters.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant federal, state, local and international laws and regulations.
- Handle conferences and hearings.
- Respond to subpoenas and other routine legal documents.
- Collaborate with business and legal colleagues throughout the Company.
- Coordinate with other areas of the legal department in counseling on contractual, competition and risk management issues and contribute to negotiation and drafting of agreements across the Company’s businesses.
- Manage techniques increasing the quality and efficiency of legal services.
- Minimum of 12 years of litigation practice experience in a law firm or corporate legal department or combination of the two, with a significant concentration in employment-related matters.
- Substantial trial and other case management experience.
- Ability to spot and analyze complex issues and devise practical strategies and solutions.
- First-rate judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior drafting and negotiating skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with coworkers at all levels.
- Experience with other complex commercial and IP litigation is a plus.
- Admitted or eligible for admission to practice in California.
Required EducationJD or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.