Assistant Manager, Product Strategy ManagementApply NowApply Later Job ID 860751BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 17, 2021
Working in a highly matrixed organization, the assistant product manager will communicate product strategy with internal stakeholders (international, marketing, sales) to ensure that global product roll-out is executed. Using intuition and knowledge to complement data, the assistant manager will complete pre and post analysis on programs and product launches.
- Develop creative work orders and assist with the creation of business plans including financial and consumer research analysis
- With the Director, develop and execute retail plans including management of account-exclusive products
- Lead team efforts around management of timelines & operations activities
- Review product creative, and provide notes and feedback on behalf of the team
- Create PowerPoint/Keynote decks and other key documents for internal stakeholders, filmmakers, trade and Sales
- Develop and maintain franchise snapshot calendars that track key initiatives
- Monitor industry research and trends, and apply creative problem-solving to make go-forward business recommendations
- Strong Analytical and project management skills
- High level strategic thinking and good communication skills (written and presentation)
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization
- Takes initiative and seeks increased responsibilities
- Uses prior knowledge and resources to complement data; thinks strategically
- Prioritizes activities; plans and stays organized in order to meet commitment and productivity standards
- One who switches smoothly from one project or task to another
- Establishes rapport and trust with functional groups and upper management
- Works well in a team environment and applies strong interpersonal skills in daily work activities
- Previous experience in entertainment industry
- International experience preferred
- Education BA/BS from a 4-year university and at least 3-5 or more years of relevant experience or equivalent training/work experience.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.