Associate Analyst, Risk ManagementApply NowApply Later Job ID 784624BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 03, 2021
Responsibilities:Insurance Renewal & Project Coordination
- Support department team members in all production-related insurance renewals and projects.
- Establish planning processes and data requirements for each renewal/project. Utilize RMIS and excel to pull and analyze data. Assist team in gathering/compiling production forecasts from business units.
- Ensure a complete insurance submission for each renewal and meet the goals defined by the project.
- Review requests from internal and external partners to provide evidence of the company's insurance coverage.
- Determine our contractual obligations and provide evidence if required. Identify high risk requests (e.g. animals, railroad, watercraft, aircraft, certain indemnity obligations, etc.) and determine if more information is necessary to assess the risk. Gather information and work with internal resources (management, safety, legal, etc) to determine the appropriate actions or recommendations.
- Satisfy contractual requirements and reduce risks to the company.
- Liase between the productions and the insurance broker to obtain coverage for cast members on all film and television projects as efficiently as possible.
- Ensure proper completion of medical forms received from cast members. Submit documents to insurer. Evaluate the coverage status as determined by the insurer. Obtain additional information from cast member or representatives as necessary and effectively communicate coverage status or issues to studio executives and production office. Treat all related information as confidential through the entire process.
- Reduce the uninsured cast member exposure to each production.
- Independently review and analyze location, equipment and other contracts for proper insurance and indemnification language to minimize risks to the company as it relates to the physical production of film & television projects. Work with Legal Department to communicate the resulting contract changes and/or potential risks associated with the analysis above.
- Independently handle low severity liability and physical damage claims.
- Evaluate incident reports received from film & television production offices and determine appropriate handling. Discuss the circumstances with insurance carrier representatives to determine the course of action. Effectively communicate issues and guide the production representatives through the claim handling process.
- Minimize the length of time that the claims are open.
- Declare relevant projects or special coverage events to internal and external stakeholders to activate coverage.
- Complete certain applications and track marine/aviation charter agreements. Obtain coverage confirmation from insurance representatives and maintain schedules for reporting purposes.
- Utilize Risk Management Information System (RMIS) and Document Management System to perform all duties.
- Assist with reviewing or entering policy, production and claim data in RMIS. Reconcile premiums to invoices. Work with Coordinator to ensure that all documents are properly scanned and filed (electronically and hard copy as necessary).
- Ensure all aspects of data and filing systems are accurate.
- Some Risk Management/Insurance coursework or familiarity with fundamental concepts
Required EducationHigh School Diploma
Preferred EducationCollege Degree
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.